Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Game Challenge #4

This week's challenge at The Game is Hopscotch with a twist.

"Put the numbers 1-8 on paper and place in a bowl. Draw out 2. Refer to the hopscotch board and use what that number says and how many (meaning the number on the paper). Make something you can hang on a wall. 4x4 or larger on chipboard or canvas."

Here's the hopscotch board:


And here's my entry:


I had 5 and 6. So that was 5 buttons and 6 inches of ribbon.

This was my first ever 4x4!

I decided to make a hanging door plaque for my brother. I used chipboard, which I covered with some black paper. Then I poked holes in the top corners to thread some ribbon through to hang it with (no idea of the ribbon's brand). Then I took 4 buttons from a "Blast Off" collection (I don't remember the brand; I just remember the collection name because it was why I brought them... I did look, but I can't find them on the site any more), and another star shaped one from a pack of tactile ones I got from the RNIB and glued them to it. After that I added a braille "Carl" with dymo labelling tape (also from the RNIB). And I finished by decorating some of the space left with a few small stickers I had from somewhere.

Why not see what you can come up with for this challenge? Then hop on over to The Game to enter your projects in the challenge!

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like the hopscotch theme and what you did with it Tori! Very nicely done!

betty

AliceKay said...

You created a neat hanging door plaque for your brother. I bet he'll love it. :)

Rita said...

I'm sure your brother will love it. A clever game! :)

Deanna said...

Very well thought out and well done. I'm sure Karl is going to like it a lot!

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

Dezinaworld said...

Hey you did a great job on the 4 x 4 it looks fab Tori. I love the pastel colours against the black and the ribbon adds an elegant touch too
hugs June x

Toriz said...

Thanks June! :)