Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A remembered nature escape

This week's Pagan Blog Prompt is about Nature Escapes and I decided to join in.

There's a lovely park just down the road with trees of all sorts, a duck pond and benches to sit on. And, of course, there's the promonade by the sea. But it wasn't those things I thought of. Nor the fact that with the sounds of the sea birds I can almost pretend to be at sea while sat in my own home.

What I thought of was where I used to go and sit in the park near where we lived until about 4 years ago.

The park had a river running through it, and a little way in from one of the entrances was a place where they'd built a platform over the river a bit. If you climbed down the bank beside that platform you could clamber over the rocks until you reached a place where there were big flat rocks. At that point the river made a very small waterfall (it wasn't really a waterfall, but it was like a mini one the way it poured through the gaps in between the rocks and down over some that were a bit lower down). The lower rocks got wet, but a couple of the bigger ones didn't. And if you sat on one of those the trees blocked you from view from the path. You could only be seen if someone came up the river itself or stood on the platform (which rarely happened; at least, when I was there). And with the noise of the mini waterfall you couldn't quite hear the traffic.

I often sat there. Quite often wrote while there, actually.

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to spend some quality time. :)

Rita said...

That sounds like a lovely spot! Perfect place for time alone to contemplate or write or sketch. Very special! :)

Parsley said...

I love that feeling...a feeling of peace in a special spot.

That corgi :) said...

You described this special place very well, Tori; I think I would have liked to spend some time there myself writing or contemplating or just enjoying nature around me :)

betty

Toriz said...

AK & ita:
Yes, it was!

Parsley:
*Nods in agreement*

Betty:
Yes, I'm sure you would!

Celticspirit said...

The parks both sound lovely! There is nothing as peaceful as connection with nature!

Toriz said...

Barb:
Absolutely! :)

Deanna said...

Sounds like a perfect place to get your mojo on!

Toriz said...

*Nods at Deanna*

Connie Mitan said...

It's always nice to have nature nearby, in parks of all shapes and sizes. Your perch on the rocks sounds like my kind of place.
~Sunfire