Thursday, October 08, 2009

The 10th Kingdom

"Two centuries after Snow White and Cinderella had their adventures, the Nine Kingdoms ready themselves for the coronation of Prince Wendel, Snow White's grandson, to the throne of the Fourth Kingdom. But an evil once-queen has freed herself from prison, and turns the prince into a golden retriever. Wendel, by means of a magic mirror, escapes into a hitherto-unknown Tenth Kingdom (modern day New York City) and meets Virginia and her father Tony. Pursued by trolls, cops, and a wolf in man's form, the three blunder back into the Nine Kingdoms and begin their adventures to restore Wendel to his human form and throne, and find the magic mirror that will take Tony and Virginia back home, all the while unknowing that Virginia already has a connection to the Nine Kingdoms that may prove deadly before we reach Happily Ever After."

(Above taken from this site

I've watched this one before - on more than one occasion - but can't remember if I reviewed it on here. If I did, then I'm doing so again, I guess. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a movie or a mini-series. Either way, it's brilliant! Or, I think it is! It's really long though, so you need to either have at least half your day free, or plan to watch it over a few evenings. Our DVD copy is three disks, and each disk is - I think - about three hours long.

Tori

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Now that would be something to see... Trolls and wolfmen in New York City... Oh wait, I think I've actually since those things there already! :)

Sounds sort of Narnia-ish. I'm sure you seen that set of movies.

Wendyburd1 said...

That is one of my FAVE mini-series!! Ed O'Neill rocks as the Troll King!! LOL!

LadyStyx said...

Hmmm

*adds to the possibly see list*

AliceKay said...

If this is like "The Chronicles of Narnia", I think I would like it. I loved those movies.

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Iggy!

Yes, it is sort of Narnia-ish. There are a few glaringly obvious differences, but it is the same sort of idea... Go through a magic doorway in to another world.