Friday, October 09, 2009

Kero's korner: Walkies and car rides

Hi humans!



That photo is a recent one of me. It was taken a little over a week ago, I think.

Anyway, after I did my post last week, Mami took me for walkies with the extension on my lead to make me feel better. She doesn't put the extension on my lead that often, because she prefers to keep me near to her so she knows what I'm up to. Sheesh! Anyone would think I got up to mischief the second her back was turrned! But, anyway, she does add the extension to my lead from time to time so I get to sniff a bit further away from her. She calls it the "extension" but it's not as posh as that might sound. It's just a spare lead that she somehow atatches to my usual lead to give me a bit more freedom. I used to be able to go loose in some places, but not any more. Most places don't allow dogs to be loose any more, and the ones that do mean a long car ride. Mamgu has promised to take me and Willow to some of them from time to time. Oh, and Mami can come, of course! But, in the meantime, I have to have a lead on. Still, I do enjoy my walks... Even the ones where I don't have the extension atatched!

Most of the week has been pretty quiet. I've had my walkies with Mami, but that's all that happened most of the week. Mamgu and Dadci didn't come to visit for nearly a whole week, and Mami and Dadi didn't really go anywhere. But yesterday was different. Yesterday I went for a car ride with Mami, Dadi and Mamgu. I didn't know where we were going. Mami and Dadi said we were going to see Mamgu, but since she was in the car with us, that could have meant anything! It was OK though... We went to visit Willow. I played with her a bit, but I was more interested in sniffing the garden, and keeping a cat neither of us know out of the garden. I did get a bit snippy with Willow at one point, but she wouldn't leave me alone! I tried to tell her I didn't want to play, but she wouldn't listen. So I growled at her. She got the message, and went to fetch a teddy to play tuggy with Mami for a bit. The rest of the time we spent napping while Nani listened to a story in the living room, and the rest of the humans - Mami, Dadi, Mamgu, Dadci and Uncle Wayne - played a game. I don't know what the game was, but they played it for a long time, and it was a long time after dark by the time Mamgu brought Mami, Dadi and me home.

That's about all there is to say this week.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

6 comments:

Deanna said...

It sounds like a pretty good week to me Kero. I'm glad Willow got the message with only one nip.

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a pretty good week to me, too. The walks with the extension sound like fun. I hope you get to do that more often. :)

Intense Guy said...

Give Kero a nice big rawhide treat.

:) Sorry I was late today.

I hope you continue to get lots of walkies and that you catch the garden interloping cat!!

Licks and sniff(les)

Iggy

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like a busy week!

MarmiteToasty said...

Mmmmmmmmm thinking you have had a busy spoilt week LOL

x

Tori_z said...

Deanna:
Yes, she's pretty good at getting the message these days. She didn't used to be, but she's nearly five now, and starting to listen to me properly.

AK:
I hope so too. :)

Iggy:
That cat never sticks around for long when it realises I've spotted it.

Styxie & Toasty:
Yes, it was a good and busy week.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero