Friday, October 30, 2009

Kero's korner: Halloween... Whatever that is

Hi humans!

Well, I don't have much to say this week. Apart from yesterday - when we went to visit Willow, Mamgu, Dadci, Uncle Wayne, and Nani - I haven't been anywhere out of the ordinary. There have, of course, been my usual walkies with Mami, but nothing exciting has happened on those. Although, I did meet a nice looking female named "Bella" while we were out on our walkies the other day.


Anyway...


My humans tell me that something called "Halloween" is happening tomorrow. I remember it happening before, but I can't make sense of it all. All that seems to happen is that strange looking creatures that smell of human, sweets, and usually rubber, plastic, and various other things - but which certainly don't look human - show up. I don't know why, but Mami and Dadi give them treats, then they go away. I suppose the treats are to stop the creatures coming in? Perhaps it's some kind of invasion or something? I don't know. All I know is that it happens every so often... Actually, it's usually about this time every year, now that I think about it. Yes... Just as the sun starts going to sleep about dinner time. I wonder what it's all about?


And, last year, Mami got a bbig orange ball - which tasted funny, by the way - and cuts a face in it. She also pulled out its stuffing, and made a pie from it. I didn't know you could cook the stuffing from balls, but apparently you can with this kind of ball. Anyway, after that, the ball got put somewhere with one of those candle things in it. Now that one really didn't make sense! I mean, aren't balls meant to be played with? And since when do balls have faces cut in to them? I'm so confused! And I think she's doing it again this year, because I saw one of those orange balls sitting on the kitchen counter while I was waiting for my treat earlier. I'll have to watch and see if Mami does the same with this one. Maybe if she does I can make sense of it this time?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero the confused Westie

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Ah Kero, when you make sense of this madness, please clue the rest of us in. Maybe then us humans can quit being so crazy!

Be sure to have mami take a picture of that orange ball, ok?

AliceKay said...

Make sure she sticks your paws thru some holes if she sticks you inside that big orange ball. :)

LadyStyx said...

LOL@ AK. Very funny!

Tori_z said...

Deanna:
I'll be sure to let you know if - or when - I figure it out.

Mami made sure photos were taken of that ball.


AK:
Don't worry... She didn't make me try and get in it. Thankfully!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Intense Guy said...

My Dear Kero,

The odd things humans do are not really explainable. Things like carving up orange balls and cutting down pine trees to drag them in the house are but the tip of the iceburg. In fact, last night, I put an orange cone in my bathtub and gave it a bath, all the while pondering if it was "dishwasher-safe". It's an human condition known nicely as eccentricity but really better called insanity.

Hugs and sniffs,

Iggy

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I'm glad it's not only me who doesn't understand.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero