Monday, October 05, 2009

Random mutterings on a monday evening

I noticed the other day while out on a walk with Kero that the path where we walk is already becoming covered with leaves from the trees along it. And - even on the sunny days - it's not all that warm. I didn't take a jacket, because I haven't needed one lately... And, besides, it wasn't raining. I wish I had though! The wind was sharp, and the leaves it was throwing at me were even sharper. The resemblance between a slap on the arm, and a leaf hitting your cold, bare skin is quite remarkable!

******

No mobility lesson today. I think I already said we agreed to cancel because she had a training course type thing? I'm kinda glad in a way... I had one of my restless "sleep? what's that?" type of nights last night, only this time it's left me feeling quite tired. It doesn't usually... I'm kinda used to my weird sleeping pattern - or lack of one - but this time I'm really tired. Hope it's not a sign I'm getting the bout of flu the rest of the family seems to be passing around!

******

I watched some of my favourite movies recently while working on crafts. I'm sure I've reviewed them all on here before - and they're well known, so if I haven't you probably know them anyway - one of them was on TV, but the others were from our DVD collection. I watched Wallace And Gromet: The Curse Of The Were Rabbit, all five Harry Potter movies (movie six isn't out on DVD until December), the three X-Men movies, Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events, and Monsters Inc. Monsters Inc was the one I watched on TV... It was showing on channel five last night, and I figured I'd watch it while knitting. I've also been listening to a couple of audiobooks, but I need to do actual reviews for those. I'm planning to do those some time in the next couple of days. So, if you enjoy book reviews you might want to keep a look out for them.

******

I forgot to mention a birthday last week. It was Kati's daughter's birthday last Wednesday (September 30th). So... Belated happy birthday to her! :)

******

OK... Well, I can't think of anything else to post about right now, so I'll let this do for today, I think. Hope you had a great weekend, and that you enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Nothing like a "bracing wind" on your skin while out walking huh!?

:)

Oh, book reports! Squirms while he waits for those.

LadyStyx said...

Oooh Monsters Inc...I love that movie!! Maybe I'll get hubby to throw it in the dvd player downstairs...

Deanna said...

I love this season so much.

Those movies all sound great. I loaned my Harry Potter movies to our son so his family could watch them. They hadn't seen a singly one yet! Geeze.

AliceKay said...

Terri and I watched "Madagascar: Back 2 Africa" a couple of weekends ago. Cute movie. I haven't watched a movie in awhile but enjoyed watching that one. :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
*Nods*

Styxie:
Hope you got to watch the movie, and that you enjoyed it again. :)

Deanna:
They haven't seen the PHarry Potter movies??? *Looks shocked* Good job you had the movies to lend to them.

AK:
I saw that one a while back... Good movie. :)

Tori_z said...

Not sure how that "p" got in there before "Harry Potter"... *Shrugs*