Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A catch up type post (FD... Kinda R/WP)

Yeah, I know, I'm late with today's post. I didn't have anything scheduled, and after having a bad night I ended up going to lay down this afternoon. Then I had to get caught up on things - which includes blog posts, and comments - so it's only now I'm getting around to sorting a post on my own blog.

As was mentioned in Kero's post, Kelly, Kero and I went up to my parents' place last Thursday. Mam, Dad, Wayne, Kelly and I played a tabletop version of Dungeons and Dragons... Kelly says it was 3rd edition. I think they're on at least 4th edition with that game now. But it's 3rd edition Dad has as a tabletop game, so that's what we played. Dad played DM (Dungeon Master, for those who don't know). We ended up playing it all afternoon, then stopped to eat the vegetable curry Nan made us (she made vegetable so I'd eat it too) then we played some more. I think we played for about six hours in all. It was gone 10:00 pm when we got home... Bearing in mind my Mam had picked us up just after 2:00 pm. Yes, I know that's more than six hours... I was deducting the time I think was taken out for food, tea/coffee breaks, etc. Everyone seems to have enjoyed.

I spent most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday listening to the other Katie Flynn book while working on crafts. When I wasn't doing that I was either watching TV, or doing housework. Yeah, I know, I'm boring. But I'd rather be doing that than going out to noisy clubs and such. I'm sure some of you will disagree, but that's up to you... Each to their own, as they say.

I finally got a call from the library Friday evening to say the potato peel pie book was there waiting for me. I told them it would be Monday or Tuesday before someone could pick it up. They said it would still be there when I was ready to get it... I just politely said, "that's OK then... Thank you!" Though I was tempted to say, "I should bloody well think so, especially since I've waited two weeks longer for it than I was told I'd have to!" I mean, I do understand that it takes time for things to come from one library to another, but when you're told something will be there waiting for you at the end of the month, it should be there! You shouldn't still be waiting for it nearly two weeks later! Anyway, Mam picked it up for me yesterday, since she was up town, and she had my library card from when we went there last time.

Yesterday (Monday) I had a mobility lesson, and my mobility officer... Sorry... My "rehabilitation officer" did a blindfold exercise with Mam, Dad and Kelly. They did all learn something from it, though not really what I'd hoped they would. And she was training another woman, so she probably - well, hopefully, actually - learned a few things too. You can tell that woman is new though, because she really isn't sure what she's meant to be doing yet. She'll learn though.


As for today (Tuesday) I went shopping with Mam. We went to look for something I wanted to get my Dad for Christmas, but couldn't find it where we looked. I know where else it's available, but if it was still in Tescos or Asda it would have been cheaper than it will now cost me. Not that I begrudge my Dad the extra few quid, but... Well... If you have the choice, you don't pay the higher price, do you? Especially when the quality will be the same, regardless of which price you pay. I wont say what it is though. Dad rarely reads my blog - and would probably forget by Christmas anyway - but I don't want to say on here what I'm getting everyone for Christmas. I mean, it's not only the people in question who I'd rather not tell... It'll be no fun for everyone else if they know what everyone else is having... If that makes sense.

Anyway... After our unsuccessful present hunt, Mam brought us a cup of drink (tea for me, cappachino for herself) at Asda's cafe, because - despite the sun - it's been a bit of a chilly day. Then we did the food shopping. I hate shopping, I really do! And it wasn't helped today by the fact they had the shop's radio on so loud... It's normally a decent volume, but today it was loud enough to drown out most convversations in the shop. This made hearing each other quite difficult. And, by the time I got home, I had a headache to add to my scratchy throat. Oh, goody! Just what I need... NOT! I hope I'm not getting the flu virus everyone else has had lately... I can't afford to get sick right now. I have too much to do! I have craft items to make, Christmas shopping to make a start on, a buffet menu to figure out, planned outings to go on, a dog to walk... And probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting about!

The rest of today was mentioned in the first paragraph. I wont repeat it.

OK, that'll do for today. Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hugs. I am glad you are keeping so busy!

I'd like to hear more about the blindfold on Kelly and your parents activity. I guess that gave them a small feel for what its like - and hopefully made them even more aware of their need to put things in their proper places along with other things.

AliceKay said...

Yes, it would be interesting to hear a little more about the blindfold exercise. Could you fill us in sometime?

Good luck with your crafts. *hugs*

Deanna said...

I hope your scratchy throat and headache didn't develop into anything more than that.

I'm hoping for a craft update soon you busy lady!

Tori_z said...

Iggy & AK:
I'll fill you in on that some time next week.

Deanna:
So far the headache and scratchy throat haven't tried to become anything more. And the throat doesn't seem too bad now. So, I'm crossing my fingers that it's not going to develop in to anything more.

I'll be posting a craft update a couple of days before the end of the month. It's looking like it'll be a long one, so you'll need plenty of coffee, and maybe a little something to snack on while reading it. ;)