Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hi (Kinda FD)

Sorry I've not been on the blogs much over the past few days. Part of it has been due to being busy doing other things, but part of it has also been due to just not feeling like it.

On Friday, Kelly and I took Kero to the groomer, then we went to the shop to get something. Then Wayne and I took Willow with us to pick Kero up from the groomer. And soon after that Wayne and I went up to the shop to buy a birthday cake for Nan, since Dad and I realised about lunchtime that we'd forgotten to get one while out shopping the day before, and we usually try and get birthday cakes for people for their birthdays (even if they're not having any sort of party). Then I spent the evening watching TV.

On Saturday, Mam and I tried out the "Biggest Loser" game she got for her Nintendo Wii. I didn't think much of it, personally, so I got bored of it quickly and wandered off, leaving Wayne playing with her instead. And later in the day we had a roleplaying session, and that went on until about 9:30 pm. That's an early finish for roleplaying sessions as a general rule, but I was glad, because the season premier of "CSI New York" was FINALLY going to be showing over here, and it was starting at 9:45 pm Saturday evening. So, Kelly and I watched that, then we went to bed.

We woke up to find it snowing again Sunday, so Kelly and Dad decided against going to the gaming club. Instead, we decided to play a game of some sort, and ended up having a roleplaying session, which lasted all afternoon and well in to the evening. So, by the time that was done I just went to bed, since it was about 11:00 pm.

Monday was one of those days where I just didn't feel like doing much. In fact, I don't even really remember what I did on Monday. Well, apart from going up the road with Kelly to get a bit of money out of the atm machine the local shop has in it.

As for Tuesday (yesterday), Mam and I went shopping and didn't get back until early afternoon. The snow was mostly melted or turned to ice when we left, but soon after we got home it started snowing again. Anyway, I didn't feel like coming on the blogs yesterday. I did put the laptop on with the intention of doing so some time between when we got home and dinner time. But I just couldn't be bothered, so I turned it back off and went and watched TV in the bedroom while working on some knitting.


And that brings us to Wednesday (today). Today has so far been spent getting caught up on blogs and e-mails, and I'll be checking for new posts on Dad's forum in a bit. Not sure what I'll be doing later. I definately wont be going anywhere though, because there's a good six inches of snow on the ground again. Yeah, I know, a lot of you probably have more than that and are still going out in it. But you try following a path that's buried under six inches of snow when you can't see landmarks to use for reference as to where said path should be, and see how often you go out.

We've had a LOT of snow this year! Even I'm starting to get a bit fed up of it. Not that I wont be excited when it comes back next year, but I wouldn't mind if it wanted to melt, and not come back for a while. Say... Oh, I don't know... Next Christmas?

Anyway, that's mainly what I've been up to. Well, as well as helping Dad with laundry, which there's usually a lot of. But there would be with six adults in the house. That's part of the reason why two of us do it... To share the workload a bit.

Oh, and I've been playing with the dogs from time to time, of course... Can't forget that!


One more thing. Well, sort of two, I suppose. Anyway...

Belated happy birthday to Dorkys for January 11th, and to Angie for January 12th! :)

OK, I'll let this do for today, because I'm going to go get lunch now, and give the dogs their lunchtime snack (special hip treat for Willow, Denta Stix for Kero). So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, stay warm, and stay safe!

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

I've wondered if there would be a day when you said you had enough of the snow. It gets old after awhile when you have to keep going out in it.

I hope the rest of your day is a good one. *hugs*

Deanna said...

All we have gotten this year so far is about 4 inches - and I'm sick of it.
I don't think you are crazy at all for staying in. I didn't go anywhere for two days after it snowed.
That role playing you do sounds like fun. I'd like to hear more about it.

Hugs.

Deanna

Dorkys Ramos said...

Aww thanks so very much for the birthday wishes!!

And that's quite a bit of snow. Whatever we had in the city melted a while ago and I'm hoping the streets stay this clear til next year. Or is that hoping for too much? It's been really cold though! That looks like it'll stick around for a while.

ChicagoLady said...

I certainly can't blame you for not wanting to go out with all that snow. It's hard enough sometimes when the landmarks are there (even for us seeing people), but with all that snow hiding everything, you'd be putting yourself at risk of tripping and/or falling. And none of us want that.

Toriz said...

AK:
I never thought I'd be sick of the snow, but then I didn't think we ever got this much in a year, let alone a month. Mam says the last big snowfall like this was before I was born. I swear we've had more snow this past year than we've had in all the years I've been alive! As I think I said a week or so ago... I haven't seen this much snow at once since the Christmas I spent in Canada!


Deanna:
I'll have to see about doing a post on it for you.

Dorkys:
You're very welcome! :)


Chicago:
Thanks! :)

Intense Guy said...

Hey... only 9 more weeks until spring!!

Toriz said...

LOL!