Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 craft update: beaten by booties

There's not much to say for this month's craft update, because I spent most of the month "trying" to knit a pair of baby booties for someone's baby who's due soon. I have now admitted defeat. Five times I tried to knit that damn bootie, and each time I was almost done when...

First I dropped some stitches and the bootie unravelled while I was trying to pick them back up.

Then I dropped the knitting and the stitches fell off the needle.

Then Kero got his foot caught in the wool, because I'd knocked the ball on the floor without realising, and when I went to untangle him I pulled the stitches off the needle again.

Then I picked the knitting up wrongly, and the stitches fell off the needle.

Then Kelly came and gave me a hug, and... Well, see #1.

After that I gave up.

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

*HUGS*

LadyStyx said...

You lasted longer than I would have. I would have quit after #1.

Intense Guy said...

Something tells me you will try again some time and succeed.

Hugs

:)

Deanna said...

Oh my gosh! I would have given up too. But I'll bet Iggy is right and you will try again soon and succeed.

Have a wonderful day!

Celticspirit said...

I feel your frustration Tori. Been there, done that. I have made things and taken them apart so many times and sometimes just have to admit that I can't do it. No shame in it. You are a very good knitter. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks all. *Hugs*

Iggy:
You're probably right, but for now the booties win!