Friday, January 22, 2010

Kero's korner: woofs and woes

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

The start of my week was OK. That snow and ice went away, and then it rained a lot, but I've been able to go walkies most days, so that's good news to me. Tuesday was a bit of a ruff day for me though. Something wasn't right, and I just couldn't settle, and I couldn't get the humans to understand what I was trying to tell them. Things were better the next day though.

But then, yesterday, I was sick. I woke Mami up to try and tell her, but by the time she was awake enough to do more than just mutter, "what's wrong, Kero?" it was too late and I'd been sick. So, Dadi cleaned it up, and Dadi and I went back to sleep. This was about 6:00 am, and about an hour later I was up again being sick. Not a good way to start the morning.


Mami and Mamgu weren't sure I should have breakfast, but I got upset about that idea, so Mami decided to let me have some. I swear it was smaller than normal though. In fact, I swear I heard her admit to Dadi that she'd done me a much smaller breakfast. It's probably for the best, because I was sick again a couple of hours later. I haven't been sick since though.

Mami and Mamgu think I'm probably either eating a bit quicker than I should, or eating more than I should be. Willow thinks I should just let her eat my dinner for me. Fat chance, Willow!


Anyway, I've also learned that if I sit or lay on the back of the sofa I can see out of the window and bark at anyone who happens to walk past. This is a fun thing to do, which I enjoy doing at intervals throughout the day. For some reason the humans don't appreciate it though. I can't think why. I mean, wouldn't you think they'd be interested to know that people are near our territory? I mean, I have a responsibility here!

Speaking of which... I hear something! Gotta go let everyone know... WOOF! WOOF! Hey, humans! WOOF!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you're feeling better now, Kero. Eating a little slower helps my belly sometimes so it might work for you. I also think it might take awhile before Willow learns that your dinner isn't her dessert.

Have fun looking out the window. Pay no mind to the humans. They like knowing you're on the lookout for them. :)

Deanna said...

Hope you are feeling better Kero. I get sick when I eat too much too!

Woof woof!

Intense Guy said...

Hugs Kero tight. Hey! Don't scare us like that - we want your nose to be cold and moist ALL the time!

Hope you are feeling like the top of the world today Kero!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you all. I feel much better, and I haven't been sick since Thursday.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero