Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Still snowy



It's still snowy. The snow has been coming down at a decent rate. We've had a good couple of foot all told, though it keeps melting a bit before more falls, so we're not actually ending up with more than a couple of inches on the ground at most times. I say, "most times," because today the snow is deep enough so that we can't get either of the cars out. We were meant to go shopping today, but Mam and I ended up walking up the road to the local shop to get the things we couldn't wait for (like bread and milk).


We've been playing in the snow. Mam and I built a snowman. There are photos, but she'll be posting them on her blog, so you'll have to wait for her to get to that. Willow has been loving all the snowball fights we've been having, and even Kero's been playing in the snow a bit. He's not enjoyed today's snow as much though, but I think it's a bit too deep for him to manage properly. Mam, Willow, Wayne and I have been enjoying it though. Especially Willow. She LOVES the snow! Like I said, there are photos to come, but Mam is posting the snowman related ones on her blog soon, and the ones of the dogs playing in the snow will be posted in Kero's post on Friday.

The only time I've seen as much snow as this at one go was when I spent Christmas in Canada!


Anyway... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, stay safe, and stay warm!

Tori

7 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Love the picture. It looks like a winter wonderland. Glad you are all having fun in the snow. Just keep it all for yourself please. We don't need any more. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Deanna said...

Maybe if I was yonger I would enjoy the snow more? I'm not sure. I justknow that I really don't care for it much. I'm glad you and your bunch are enjoying it since it seems you have gotten more than your fair share this year!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you're getting the snow you wanted this year. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun in it.

ChicagoLady said...

We're getting a storm tonight that is supposed to dump about 15-25cm on us by Friday.

Enjoy the snow while it lasts! And stay warm!

Intense Guy said...

I agree with Celtic... thats a lovely picture... the snow really makes a good background for the shiny ornaments and lights in the tree branches.

I think we are supposed to get some snow here tonight and tomorrow. I'll call the snow controller and request it be redirected to Wales for you. :)

Toriz said...

Barb:
Glad you liked the picture. :)

Deanna:
Yeah, maybe you would. But you're only as old as you feel, so maybe if you tried thinking young thoughts? ;)


AK:
Maybe the weather people decided to make up for all the years we had little to no snow?

Chicago:
We're meant to have more freezing temperatures tonight, and more snow on the weekend.

Iggy:
Glad you like the pic. :)

You should get it sent to Styxie, I think she's missing out on all the fun snow.

LadyStyx said...

LOL!! At the point of this posting, I sure was missing it! It over shot us somewhat and we didn't get nearly what the southern part of the state got.