Baking is fun!
I love to bake; baking bread, biscuits/cookies and cakes. Like this cake:
It's a ginger spice cake; simple cake mixture with a tablespoon each of ginger and mixed spice in it.
Nothing beats the smell of a kitchen in which you've just been baking, nor the taste of fresh bread or warm cookies newly removed from the oven. Don't you think?
11 comments:
Looks good. My hubby likes spice cake.
Autumn:
Thanks! :)
I love baking! I might make some cookies today. Is the recipe for that ginger cake on your cooking blog?
Barb:
In some shape or form... I've made it so many times I don't remember if I followed a recipe or just made a cake mixture and made up the amounts for the spices though. Just find a recipe for a cake mixture and add 1 tbsp each of mixed spice (or "all spice" it's the same thing) and ginger.
I bet its all gone already! It looks so yummy you can almost smell it!
Love spice cake and yours looks so yummy! I can almost smell it through the computer!
Iggy & Deanna:
Trust me, it was as yummy as it looks. And, yes, it's all gone.
Ginger cake sounds wonderful for tonight. I think I'll bake some. I want my house smelling yummy ;-)
That does look delicious! I agree with you, Tori; it is neat smelling something delicious baking or cooking in the oven :) And then getting to sample it is even better!!
betty
Ginger spice cake sounds delicious. It's one of my favorite kinds of cake. Looks great, too. :) And yep, nothing beats the smell of something baking in the oven. :)
Mags:
Good plan; bet the little princess and your piano man would enjoy helping you eat the cake when it's done. ;)
Betty:
Absolutely; sampling the freshly baked items is the only thing better than smelling them!
AK:
It's my favourite too; well, of the kinds I've made. Carrot cake is my all time favourite, but I've never been brave enough to attempt baking it.
Post a Comment