Canadian born James Watkins spent a number of years wandering extensively, studying and working at a variety of exciting things, including surveying in the Yukon, fighting forest fires in the boreal of northern Ontario, sailing on the merchant schooner Avontuur through the Caribean, working as a singing cowboy, and teaching in Central America, to name a few, until finally settling in San Diego, California in 2011. He loves good music, good stories, good writing, fresh air, animals, and a healthy balance between action and quiet time.
Working from his home studio, James offers a full suite of services - from voice over production and scripting, to sound design with music and effects.
James currently has a podcast in production together with SC Watkins, that will feature original spooky stories, set to launch in late October, 2017. You can check it out at http://thebonefire.com/.
James really enjoyed reading the Degu Days series, and couldn't be more proud to work with Victoria Zigler, who knows how to tell a great children's story.
If you'd like to contact James, he can be reached at jameswatkinsvo@outlook.com
You can get to know James a little more by checking out his recent interview on Library Of Erana.
2 comments:
I've been trying to catch up with reading your blog - I'm so glad I got to this post! James sounds like his voice and accent should be really cool! He sure has lived an adventurous life!
Iggy:
He sure has! And he has a great voice. He originally auditioned for my Toby books, and when I didn't pick him for those - not feeling he was quite right for Toby - I immediately got in touch with him to offer him the contracts for my degu books instead. I wanted to work with him, and felt he was a good fit for the degu books. I'm glad I did since he was a real pleasure to work with and did a great job with my books.
Post a Comment