But first...
If you have physical books you want bookends for, and happen to be a Star Wars fan, you should totally check out this Yoda bookend.
Anyway...
As with the previous posts like this one, if you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question.
Don't forget: the format I've reviewed may not be the format I read. Also, please remember that I read across multiple genres and age ranges, so you should always check if a book is suitable for the intended reader, especially when children are involved. Sometimes reading the book's description on its Goodreads page will be enough for this, but other times you may need to check elsewhere to figure out the genre and/or recommended reading level.
OK... On to the reviews!
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. MartinMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a great addition to the series. I wish things hadn't been left the way they were by the end of this book with certain characters though.
The Queen's Nose by Dick King-SmithMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I remember watching - and enjoying - the TV series based on this book when I was younger. The book is just as good.
Mythos: A Retelling of the Myths of Ancient Greece by Stephen FryMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an interesting and entertaining read - or listen, if you do what I did and grab the audio version read by the author - which will appeal to all who enjoy the old myths, especially those based around the Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses.
Morgen of Avalon: Dreamspell 1 by Carol WeaklandMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a captivating and beutifully written story, which will appeal to anyone who loves to read stories based around the legend of King Arthur. Additionally, I have the audio version, read by the author herself, and she has a wonderful voice for audio book narration, which makes for a fantastic listening experience.
Witch's Legacy by Katrina CopeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This was an extremely enjoyable read. The characters are well-rounded and relatable, and the plot is interesting. Add some wonderful writing by the author, and you have the recipe for a great read, which you won't want to put down until you've read the very last word... Even if it means you're up half the night to finish it, like I was.
*NOTE: I was gifted a copy of this book. This has in no way influenced my opinion of the book, nor the contents of my review.
Rescuing the Prince by Victoria LeybourneMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
A wonderful and beautifully written story, with some sweet moments, some entertaining moments, an interesting plot, and a great cast of characters.
Waylaid by Kim HarrisonMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
A fun quick read for fans of both the Rachel Morgan and Peri Reed books.
The Operator by Kim HarrisonMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a great second book for this series. The worldbuilding and futuristic devices are creative, there's a great cast of characters that are complex enough to keep you on your toes, and the plot is interesting and moves at a nice pace.
2 comments:
You've been busy. I have to get back into my reading mode again. Travel messes you up -- although I did read a couple of books in the airport. Plane delays...
Jeanie:
Glad plane delays helped you get some reading in.
It helps that reading is something I can do when my body is ready to rest, but my mind isn't yet.
Post a Comment