Author and book news for children's author and poet, Victoria Zigler, as well as general news from the life of the Zigler family; furry and otherwise!
Tuesday, March 05, 2019
We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming
As the title says: we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Well, we sort of do, since I'm still quite sore, get worse when I sit up for too long, and am still WAY behind on pretty much everything. But posting will now be closer to normal than it has been anyhow, and I am making progress on getting caught up. Slow progress, but any progress is good progress, right? Plus, at least I've now reached the point where I'm only quite sore, and not in so much pain I feel like I'm being tortured, which is a wonderful improvement. I'll be glad when I heal enough to not be hurting at all though, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Yes. Technically I could speed up the catching up process by skipping some of the stuff I've missed. But I don't want to do that. I might miss something I'll later wish I took the time to read, after all. So I'm randomly picking certain things to catch up on each time, whether a spacific type of eMail, or posts from a spacific blog, or whatever. Yes, randomly, depending on what I feel like tackling each time. My method is obviously working, since I'm seeing progress. Slow progress, like I said. But progress never-the-less.
Luckily, thanks to Kelly, I don't have to worry about catching up with offline things, since he's been doing all the household chores, including the ones I usually do, and keeping up with them reasonably well too. So that gives me less to worry about, and makes it easier for me to focus on trying to catch up with the stuff he can't do in my place.
By the way, both of the photos at the top of this post are photos of our ocean view on the rather foggy morning of February 6th 2019 (the day before I went in to hospital). I just thought you might like to see those... Kelly took them for me when we realized it was a foggy morning, but we didn't have time to get them posted before I went in to hospital. We apparently had some pinkish fog one morning a couple of weeks later, but I didn't get any photos of that for you. Sorry.
Speaking of weather: my snow still hasn't shown up properly. There have been tiny snow flurries, and a lot of the UK has had a good amount of snow. But here it's been rain and hail, along with a lot of wind. Plus fog, as I mentioned above. It's been pretty cold most of the time, as I expected it would be after last year's hot Summer. Although, we have had a couple of unseasonably warm days... Days when we even had the windows open to let some air in. So, we've had rather a mixed bag when it comes to weather. But there's been almost nothing in the way of snow, despite places not far from us getting some, and regular promises we will too. As much as I wish we'd had some decent snow, in some ways I think it's probably a good thing, since I'm not sure how well I'd be able to get downstairs to play with it. Or, more to the point, get back up them again afterwards. I'm not really supposed to be doing the stairs yet unless it's important anyhow, but I know I'd want to if we got snow. So, for that reason only, I'm sort of glad our snow hasn't shown up. On the other hand, hearing about everyone else getting so much snow they're sick of it, when I've had no more than a light dusting that was slush and ice before I could enjoy it, is frustrating. Never mind. Hopefully it will make up for it next year, when I'm fit enough to easily race down and play with the snow when it arrives. In the meantime, I've had some storms to listen to, which is something. Plus, there's always the sound of the ocean, which I love listening to in any weather.
Anyway, I took two simple craft kits in to hospital with me. Spacifically two of my sewing kits. I figured I could do them if I felt like it, and not if I didn't feel up to it, but at least I'd have the option. I took one of my owl sewing kits, and the elephant one I got for Christmas. I didn't end up doing either while in hospital. I just felt too sore and unwell. I've been working on them since I've been home though, when propped up in bed is the closest to sitting up I can do without crying. I've finished the elephant, and have the owl about half done. I meant to have photos of the elephant to share with you here, but haven't had a chance to sort those. I'll try and get Kelly to help me sort photos of it in time for next week's post. Maybe I'll have finished the owl in time for it to be included too.
Speaking of craft kits: Kelly brought me a paint your own unicorn kit as a get well pressie. He knows he'll have to help me with paint colours, but figured I'd like it because it's a unicorn. He was right. Plus, I love doing craft kits in general, so there's that too. It's with the others, waiting for its turn to be completed. I've got an interesting selection of different kits waiting their turn to be done.
Also, I added another to the pile, since my February Makerly box arrived a couple of weeks ago. I always love when they come... It's so much fun getting the happy post, and then finding out what craft we'll be making this time. Anyway, February's box contained a kit to make some lavender bath bombs. I'm going to enjoy making those, and enjoy the bath with them afterwards too. I love the scent of lavender!
We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. We mostly don't do much anyway, since we do plenty for and with each other through the year. Although, we do usually get each other a little something. But I was still really sick from the allergic reaction to the painkillers, not to mention in a lot of pain, which made me care even less about doing anything than normal. The week after Kelly when to Oscars though, and they wrapped up meals for him to bring home. They know I'm not allowed to go walking all that way just yet - not that I think I could do it right now, even if I was allowed that much exercise - and were happy to give me a way to get a jackfruit poorboy (sandwich) while still resting at home. They even wrapped it well enough that Kelly managed to get it home still warm. I thought that was really nice of them.
It's Pancake Day (AKA Shrove Tuesday, or Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday) today. Do you like pancakes? What's your favourite topping? I love them with maple syrup, or lemon and sugar, or jam - in that order. I don't need the holiday as an excuse to have pancakes for dinner... I love pancakes, whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and don't need a special day to have them. But I'll take the excuse anyhow, because I can. So, guess what I'm having for dinner tonight. *wink*
OK... Before I end today's post, I would like to say that I apologize if the shutting down of Google+ causes you any problems with commenting on my blog. It shouldn't cause problems with the actual running of my blog... It hasn't yet anyhow. But it might cause problems for you if you've been commenting using Google+. Should that be the case, as I said, I apologize. But it's not my fault or idea. Anyway, if you have no other way to comment, either because you can't or don't want to use one of the other methods for commenting, feel free to comment below the posts when I share them on social media, or by sending me an eMail. If you use the eMail option, it would be helpful if you could include something in the subject that makes it clear you're responding to the comments of a particular post though, that way I won't mistake it for junk and delete it by accident, which I might do if I don't recognize the sender name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you are on the mend. Sounds like you are being well taken care of, too. :)
(I can't sit long, either.)
Rita:
Yeah, Kelly and Lilie are doing a great job between them. :)
It's bad for people to sit too long at the computer anyhow. ;)
I'm so glad you are beginning to feel a little better. You deserve a speedy recovery after the long time you have felt unwell with this.
The craft kits sound fun. I'm sure there is much for you to catch up on after the hospital times but it's all up from here, I think. I hope!
Jeanie:
Thanks! Yeah, it should be all up from here. I'm crossing my fingers anyhow!
Post a Comment