Monday, September 20, 2021

#Autumn Trivia

Mabon - more commonly just refered to as the Autumn Equinox - is just two days away, so I thought I'd share these Autumn and Halloween themed trivia questions and answers I found recently.  Enjoy!


~


Q. How heavy is the heaviest pumpkin ever recorded in the world?
Answer: The pumpkin currently holding the Guinness World Record for the heaviest pumpkin is 2,624.6 lb (1,190.49 kg) and was grown by a man in Belgium.
 

Q. What makes leaves change to either a red or purple color?
Answer: Sugar is trapped in the leaves causing the red and purple colors.
 

Q. In what city was the first OktoberFest held?
Answer: Munich, Germany in 1810. It started as a celebration for a royal wedding between a prince and princess. The celebration became a yearly tradition every year afterward.
 

Q. What country did Halloween originate from?
Answer: Ireland. Halloween originates from a Celtic festival celebrating the new year on November 1. Traditions were to light bon fires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts.
 

Q. What state in the USA is home to the largest corn maze in the world?
Answer: California. In Dixon, California, Cool Patch Pumpkin holds the Guinness World Record for the largest corn maze in the world at 60 acres. It’s common for people to call 911 because they can’t find their way out.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a fun and timely post, Tori. It really is a wonderful season -- just a tad too short!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, it's a wonderful season... So much to love about it! :)

Danielle L Zecher said...

I like the trivia. I assumed Oktoberfest was much older than that. And I never would have guessed the much for the biggest pumpkin.

Wow!

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Glad you found the post so interesting.