Friday, October 01, 2021

My #SeptemberSmallThings Full List

Throughout September I participated in the “September Small Things” challenge, where I shared one small/simple thing each day that had given me pleasure that day.  I found out about the challenge at the very end of August via Jo Kneale of “How ToHygge The British Way” who was doing it herself, and thought it would be an excellent thing to participate in.  By the way, you should check out Jo's blog, assuming you aren't already a follower, especially if you're interested in the concept of hygge.

 

Anyway, if you follow me on Twitter, or are friends with me on Facebook, you might have already seen some or all of my list, since I posted my small thing for each day on both Twitter and Facebook.  But I thought I’d post the full list here for the benefit of anyone who either doesn’t have those platforms, isn't following or friends with me on either of them, or missed seeing some/all of the posts.

 

So, here are the 30 small/simple things that gave me pleasure during September:

 


  1. The reactions of Artemis and Mollie when they were presented with a bowl full of dandelions I'd picked from Dad's garden for their breakfast.
  2. Snuggling back under the covers with Kelly to watch a show on Netflix after breakfast.
  3. The "Free To Be Me" call I participate in on Fridays with Patty Fletcher.
  4. An afternoon nap.
  5. A nice soak in the bath with rose scented bubble bath (one of my favourite scents).
  6. Snuggle time with Logan.
  7. The arrival of my monthly Audible credits.
  8.  A very productive writing session.
  9. The arrival of this month's craft subscription boxes from Makerly Crafts and Cosy Craft Club.
  10. Homemade blackberry crumble, which was made using fresh blackberries picked and hand delivered literally the day before by a family friend named Kelly (yes, we have a friend with the same name as my hubby) and served with Oatley oat custard.
  11. The feeling of accomplishment on finishing a project.
  12.  An afternoon relaxing and reading.
  13. A roleplaying session with family and friends.
  14. Watching a favourite TV show.
  15. Having 10 minutes to relax, completely without interruption, in an otherwise hectic day.
  16. The arrival of my scented candle subscription box from Sara-Jane Candles.
  17. Singing along to some favourite tunes.
  18. The arrival of my Bird & Blend Co. and The Vegan Kind subscription boxes.
  19. The soft tinkling sound of wind chimes.
  20.   A crafternoon session with Rachel Kember and some of the members of Cosy Craft Club community.
  21. The sound of birds singing their dawn chorus.
  22. The slight chill to the air that tells you it’s Autumn, bringing to mind all things pumpkin-related.
  23. Lilie's happy wiggle dance, which she enthusiastically greets us with, whether we've been gone for seconds or days.
  24. Quality time with the petkids, whether playing ball with Lilie and Logan, petting Mollie, or having some quiet time with Artemis.
  25. The kindness of strangers.
  26. Caring friends.
  27. The comfort of knowing someone is there when you need them.
  28. The soothing sound of rain.
  29. A warm blanket to snuggle in on a cold day.
  30. A delicious home-cooked hot dinner to warm you up from the inside on a chilly Autumn evening.

6 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, it's the little things that make life big. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Absolutely! :)

Jeanie said...

I love this list. It is filled with such love and warmth and joy. And also, gratitude, which I think is essential to living a happier life, especially when things are hard. There are many things on this list that I would put on one of my own!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm glad you liked my list, and totally agree about the grattitude being essential... It's why I decided to participate in the challenge when I heard about it.

robbiesinspiration said...

I saw some of these on Twitter and FB, Tori. A lovely undertaking.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Robbie. :)