Friday, April 01, 2022

Lilie The #Westie Shares A Medical Update And Turns 5

Hi everyone.  This is Lilie the Westie.

 

Yes, I know, I don't do posts much any more.  Mummy usually has lots to say, so I've been letting her worry about doing it, which leaves me free to concentrate on other things.  Like barking at people who go past our house, or people who look like they might be about to go past our house, or something I hear, or something I think I hear.  All those important jobs, which humans never appreciate.


~


For those who might be wondering: my leg is doing better.

 

It’s not perfect, but with my knees being like they are it never will be the vet said.  But I can walk on it now, and even run and bounce a little.  Mummy and Daddy say I need to remember that I’m now a grown-up dog and start thinking about calming down.  Well, I thought about it, but it doesn’t sound like much fun to me though, so I don’t think I’m going to do that just yet.

 

~

 

Anyway, I had one of those birthday things on Saturday, so I told Mummy she should let me get a turn on here.  After all, it was my birthday, so I should get to tell you about it, right?


I got a new toy.  It's a cuddly monkey with a squeaker in it, and rope tuggies for arms and legs.  It's great!


Here are a video and photo from when Mummy first gave it to me and I started to play with it:

 



And Mummy made a party hat when she was talking to her computer people on my birthday, which everyone thought it would be cute to have a photo of me wearing.  I don't agree with hats in general myself, whether cute or not, but I reluctantly allowed a photo to be taken, as long as Mummy agreed to stay right there.  I did make her keep her hand on the hat though.  Anyway, since they insisted on taking it, and maybe you'll think its cute - I mean, it does have me in it, so there is that - here it is:



I also got to have a sausage for dinner.  IT was very yummy.

 

I love birthdays!

 

 Lots of licks,

Lilie



8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm glad the leg is much improved. There are lots of good ways to play without getting too excited. But five? Yup -- a grown up, but not too grown up to play!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Absolutely! Not too grown up to play!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

Glad your leg is better. Happy birthday!
You do look cute in the hat. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks about the leg and birthday wishes.

As for the hat... Well, at least my cuteness still shines through. I still would have preferred not to wear it though.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Danielle L Zecher said...

Happy birthday, Lilie! I'm glad your leg is doing a little better.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Danielle!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Cat Strawberry said...

Happy birthday Lilie! it looks like you had a great time! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
Thanks. I did.

Lots of licks,
Lilie