Friday, December 16, 2022

The #PetKids Letters To #SantaPaws 2022

 


~The above photo shows an artificial holiday wreath now hanging on our front door.

 

*** ~~~ ***

 

Dear Santa Paws,

 

I’ve been a very good Westie girl again this year.  I’m always a good girl… Daddy says soSo, since Mummy says if I’ve been a good girl again this year you’ll bring me toys and treats, and Daddy agrees with me that I’m a good girl, I guess I better tell you what I want you to bring me.

 

As it happens, my toys keep breaking – which is totally not my fault, by the way – so I could do with a few new ones.  I especially love balls (those ones that treats get put in are great, but I do love regular balls too, so either kind would work) and those cuddly toys with squeakers in them.  Some treats would be nice as well, especially chewie sticks and something nice to go in my treat ball.  So, if you could bring me all of those, Santa Paws, I’d be really happy.  You should probably bring something for my little brother too, otherwise he’ll only try and steal mine – especially the treats.  I expect the tortoise would like something as well, though I don't know what a tortoise might want as a present.

 

Also, Santa Paws, why do you keep sneaking in when I’m sleeping? I’d really love to meet you and make friends.  I love friends! I’d do my happy wiggle dance for you and everything, even though it’s harder to do these days with my legs not working as good as they used to.  I’ve tried to stay awake to spot you every year, and I somehow never manage it.  Maybe this year I finally will?

 

Lots of licks,

Lilie

 

*** ~~~ ***

 

 

Dear Santa Paws,

 

I’ve been a good boy all year.  At least, I think I have.  I sure try to be good anyhow, and Mummy says trying is what really counts.  I don’t remember doing anything bad though, so I’m pretty sure I was a good Cavapoo.  Mummy says I’m the best Cavapoo ever, and Daddy says I shouldn’t change, so that means they agree, right?

 

Mummy and Lilie say you’re coming to visit soon, and that you’ll be bringing toys and treats with you.  I like that idea.  Especially the part about the treats.  Some of them will be for me, won’t they? Please say yes! I wouldn’t mind a new toy or two as well, especially since Lilie keeps breaking my toys as well as her own.  I mean, we do have some toys she didn’t break yet, but it would be nice to have a few more.  Besides, you can never have too many toys.  And treats.  Don’t forget the treats! The treats are the most important part.

 

Make sure you bring something for everyone else in the house too, Santa Paws.  Even the tortoise.

 

Lots of licks,

Logan

 

*** ~~~ ***

 

Dear Santa Paws,

 

I’m told you’re coming to visit again soon.  Could you bring me some fruit when you come? The humans don’t let me have much of that, even though they know I love it… Something about too much fruit not being good for a Hermann’s Tortoise.  So, if you could bring me some, that would be great.

 

I was going to point out that I’ve been a good tortoise.  But we all know you have ways of knowing if we’ve been bad or good, so you already know I’ve been the most well-behaved tortoise in the history of tortoises.  With that in mind, I hope I’ll find my bowl very full of fruit after you visit.

 

Oh, and you should probably get something for those dogs too.  That way I can enjoy my fruit in peace.

 

~Artemis

 

 

No comments: