Friday, January 20, 2023

Lilie The #Westie And Logan The #Cavapoo Get Groomed + Lilie Goes To The Vet + Some #Snow

Hi everyone.  This is Lilie the Westie.

 

Yes, I know; it’s about time Mummy let me do a post again, isn’t it?

 

~

 

Last week was a really busy one for me.

 

On Wednesday morning the groomer came to visit, so me and Logan got groomed.

 

I’m sure you want to see how totally adorable we are after our haircuts – me especially – so here are photos.  First me, and then Logan, which is the order we got groomed in, since I volunteered to be first.



 

 

~

 

Then, on Thursday, I had to go see the vet to get a checkup to see how I was doing on all my medications.

 

The vet says I’m doing well on them, and is very happy because I now weight 10.2 kilos (about 22.5 lbs) which is 0.2 kilos (about 0.5 lbs) less than I weighed last time I was at the vet.  I’m supposed to be around 10 kilos, so the vet says I’m perfect.  Well, we already knew that, didn’t we? But it’s nice of him to agree.

 

He also changed my pain medication.  He wants to try me on something not so strong for a while to give my liver and kidneys a break from the Mettacam.  So, I’m still having my daily Apoquel tablet and my Recicort ear drops every other day for my skin irritation.  But, instead of 10ml of Mettacam once a day, I’m now having 2ml of Calpol 6+ suspension liquid (which Mummy says to tell you is our version of children’s Tylanol) twice a day.  The vet said it was OK for me to have flavoured, because Calpol is all sugar free, so I have the strawberry one.  I like strawberries, so I’m happy about that.  Well, mostly.  Except on those days I try to make Mummy drop the medication because I don’t feel like taking it.  I don’t do that often though.  Even with the Mettacam I didn’t do that often.  Mostly I’m good about taking my medication (espeailly since I get some hot dog, ham, chicken, or something similar, afterwards).  I just have days when I wish I didn’t have to take medication.

 

~

 

Anyway, the grooming followed by the vet trip tired me out.  Plus, the weather got cold right around when the groomer cut my fur short, so I’ve been snuggling in the big bed with Mummy and Logan.  In fact, here’s a photo of me all tucked in for a nap:

 


 

~

 

A couple of days later we got some snow.

 

Here's a picture of the snow this past Tuesday evening...

 


 

And me and Logan out in it...

 



 

~

 

That’s all for today.

 

Lots of licks,

Lilie

8 comments:

Rita said...

You both look great with your new haircuts. :)
I'm glad you have a vet who pays close attention to your medications and I am glad you usually take them well. You should try to take them well even when you don't feel like it because they are good for you. ;)
I'm glad you got to play in the snow! I hope you get some more. :)

Jayde said...

Hi Lilly and Logan
You have been busy what with one thing and a Another, You must be a good girl and take your medicine from mummy As it does you good, But I do know what you mean when you say you don't feel like taking them.
How posh you both look with your new haircuts, Shame it turns so cold , And you got to play in some snow how lucky Are you both.

Jeanie said...

I know you are thrilled about the snow! So glad you got a bit. And boy, what a cute little pup you are!

Deanna said...

Very cute!

I'm glad you got snow, Tori. And equally glad we did not - ha!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad you like our new haircuts.
I am mostly good about not trying to avoid taking my medicine, and most days don't make a fuss. Mummy says I'm usually a good girl about it, but just have
the odd day here and there when I decide I'm sick of it and make a bit of a fuss. I try hard not to have days like that though.
We still have some of the snow. We love it, even if some of it is kind of slippy icy stuff instead of snow now.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Victoria Zigler said...

Grandma:
Thanks. And I thought you might understand about the medicine.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
The dogs and I are glad we got your share of the snow. Happy to take it off your hands any time. LOL!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, we're thrilled about the snow. And it stuck around for lots of days too.

Lots of licks,
Lilie