The weather can't make its mind up. It doesn't know if it wants to be warm or cold, wet or dry, or somewhere in between. So it keeps changing. It almost seems like from one minute to the next, though I know that's not quite accurate. This is normal for Spring, even the warm weather is in my comfortable temperature range, and we're not seeing any of the terrible storms and severe weather some places are, so I'm making an observation rather than complaining. Although, my asthma wishes it would quit, since it always takes me some time to adjust to weather changes, and when the weather keeps changing I don't get to finish adjusting to one kind of weather before it changes again and I'm back to square one. I know I'm not alone in dealing with this right now though. 'Tis the season for allergies and asthma to be aggravated after all.
Anyway, we're already a week in to April. Can you believe that? A quarter of the year has gone already!
During the last week in March I had a dentist appointment and Kelly had a hospital appointment. Both just for routine checks, and both went smoothly. Kelly also had to go for a routine blood test this past Wednesday (and it really is routine for him, since he’s one of those people who they have no trouble taking blood from, so is in and out in five minutes; it takes them longer to process his paperwork than to take the blood).
I’ve also been pretty busy with Zoom calls, between the ones I go to regularly just because I want to, ones I do jobs on, ones I was hosting, and a couple where I stepped in to fill in for someone who was away somewhere for a few days.
Plus, I went through some fabric, set aside the kinds that would work well for me for a project I have planned, and packed up the rest for my Aunt Bev to take, since she’s involved in a charity upcycling project where they make use of any spare fabric to make things like special pillows for people who have had mastectomies, tearing up what can’t be used for outer layers to make filling. My Dad told me about it, and I thought it would be a good way to reduce the amount of fabric I have lying around. Especially since some of the stuff I was unlikely to want to use, and only had because it came with the stuff Dad gave me with Nan’s old craft stuff.
With my energy levels pretty low lately, those things – along with those day to day tasks that always need doing, making sure the petkids get attention, etc – have been enough to have me taking advantage of as many opportunities to rest as I can most days. Something Logan is a lot more enthusiastic about than Lilie, since he’s much more of a fan of nap time than she is. LOL!
Although, I have managed to get some crafting in (mostly the stuff I’ve worked on during the Zoom calls, but I’ve also made some progress with the crochet blanket I’m slowly working on) as well as managed to fit in enough reading time that I’m slightly ahead on my 2023 reading challenge goal (I’ve read 18 of 52 books) including being ahead with reading April’s book of the month for the ACB Crafters book club, and being on track with the book we’re working our way through as part of the 18th and 19th century book club I also attend. Admittedly this is mostly because I can listen to an audiobook while either doing day to day tasks like housework, or during those times when I’m resting but not sleeping. But it all adds up, and it all counts, right?
Interesting how it all seems somehow to be a lot and very little at the same time when written down in a blog post like this. I mean, on the one hand the fact there’s enough for a blog post that’s a few paragraphs long makes it seem like so much I can’t help feeling it’s no wonder I’m tired, while on the other hand I wonder how I can have done so little that I can sum up two weeks in just a few paragraphs. Funny how that works.
7 comments:
I have been low energy for quite a while, too. I thought I would have gotten more done this week but so far it has just been what I have had to do (like critters, etc). Been a pretty good week, though, regardless. Glad yours was, too. :)
It does sound like a busier week than you thought it was. No wonder you're a little wiped out. I'm wishing the weather would settle too. It's up and down here. Spring is trying very hard -- but sometimes not hard enough!
Rita:
Glad you've had a pretty good week, despite it being a low energy one for you too. :)
Jeanie:
Thanks. Yeah, Spring is trying hard, while Winter clings on fiercely.
I'm sorry your asthma's not happy with the weather, it is a bit hit and miss still over here. Some days are so warm I feel like I'll need a fan soon and then the next it feels like I want the heating back on, lol. I'm glad you are doing well even with low energy levels and even though it may all be summed up in one blog post of a few paragraphs, it feels like you're having a more fulfilling life than me right now, I'm spending most of it falling asleep and feeling sick lately. Hope your asthma gets better soon <3
Sorry I forgot to add that it sounds wonderful that a charity can use your extra fabric to help in that way, forgot to add that to my comment.
Cat:
Yep... That's exactly what our weather is doing too. One minute we need the heating, and the next we need a fan.
Sorry you're so sick and sleeping so much lately. Hope you feel better soon. I know you've had a rough time of it healthwise lately, and it would be nice for you to have a break from that.
I agree it was good they could take the fabric. What the charity is doing is good to start with, and it helped me get rid of some fabric I really didn't want or need, knowing it will be put to good use.
Post a Comment