Friday, June 16, 2023

Of Hot Weather And The Various Events Of My Week

It was my Dad's birthday this past Tuesday (June 13th) and will be Fathers' Day this coming Sunday (June 18th).  So, happy birthday, Dad, and happy father's day to both my Dad and Kelly's.  Though I doubt either of them will see this.

 

~

 

The hot weather has arrived.  Apparently this isn’t as hot as it will get, but it’s already hotter than I’d like; temperatures that are hitting the high 70s and low 80s F are too much for me.  So my week has been a combination of trying to deal with the heat, Zoom calls and phone calls, and the usual day to day chores and pet care (for Izabel as well as my own petkids).

 

Yes, my Mam is still in hospital, though they hope to have her stable enough to go home soon.  She’ll never be fully better, but I’m sure she’ll be glad to go home.  Anyway, my brother, Wayne, and I went to see her yesterday (Thursday).  We got a ride from Wayne’s downstairs neighbour.  We didn’t tell her we were coming, so it was a nice surprise for her.

 

Just as I was getting ready to leave, one of the landlord’s maintenance guys asked if he could come do the couple of smaller jobs that the other guys didn’t do (different kinds of repair guys… I’m sure you know how that goes).  I figured Kelly would rather not deal with that and the house full of dogs by himself, so asked the guy if he could come today (Friday) or some time next week.  He’s meant to be coming some time this morning, so might even be here, or – if I’m really lucky – have been and gone already, by the time this goes live.

 

It doesn’t look like much when you put it in a blog post, but this is one of those times when a short post covers a lot of stuff, because there really is nothing else to say about this past week.

 

I hope you’ve had a good week, and that you’re staying cool – or hot… Depending on which applies to you.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, it still sounds like a busy week. I hope the repair guy came back like he said and hope your mom makes it home soon. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks. And, yes, he did come. Even came at the start of his time slot, so had been and gone by the time this went live.