Saturday, August 04, 2007

Haircuts, food, shopping, movies and fountains

Scroll down to read the previous post before you read this one.

On Wednesday morning, we went in to the town to look around the shops. We went in quite a few shops, and we looked around both an indoor and outdoor market.

Right in the middle of the town there's a fountain, which we sat near to eat our lunch. It was very pretty, and birds kept coming to drink from it and take a bath in it. Most of the birds were Pigeons, but we saw the odd Starling. I hadn't taken my camera with me though, so we didn't get photos of the birds. This photo of me by the fountain wasn't taken until Friday morning. We stopped to take it before we went to the train station to get the train home.

On Wednesday afternoon, Mam, Elizabeth and I had our hairs cut (I just had a trim, but Mam and Elizabeth had quite a bit cut off of theirs). Then, we went out to dinner. I don't remember what Jackie had, but Mam had fish, chips and peas. I had burger, chips and peas. Shireen had chicken nuggets, chips and beans. And Elizabeth had this HUGE bacon burger with chips and onion rings. That was a burger and a bit! She still managed a desert though. Jackie didn't have a desert, but the rest of us did. I had apple and caramel crumble with ice-cream, Mam and Elizabeth both had chocolate fudge cake with ice-cream, and Shireen had a chocolate sundae. We were all very full when we were done.

Thursday morning, Mam, Shireen and I went into town again. Mam and I each got a new set of clothes for the journey home (I'm wearing mine in the photo of me in front of the fountain) and then we went for a milkshake before going to the pet store to buy a present each for Kero and Willow.

On Thursday afternoon, Mam, Shireen and I went to the movies to watch 'Shrek The Third.' Shireen and I had kiddy snack meals that have popcorn, a carton of juice, and some sweets in them. They forgot to put the sweets in Shireen's box though, so I gave her mine. And, Mam and I shared some nachos with cheese sauce on them. Mam and I also had extra drinks.

The movie was great! In fact, I think it was even better than the first two movies! There were loads of funny bits too.

That's about all we did. By the time we'd done all those things, it was time to start packing ready for coming home Friday.

Tori

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time. :) It's good to be able to get away from time to time.

Tori_Z said...

Yeah it is! Although, with all the things we did, I think I now need a holiday to get over my holiday. LOL!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

as ( ak ) said, sounds like you all had a really great time , and " more clothe's " again , you and your mam's wardrobes must be bursting , lol .

and ilike the photo of you and oh yeah the cat aswell , lol .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

I recently cleaned out my clothes cupboards, so I have room for new clothes. I think Mam could do with another wardrobe though, lol!

KAYLEE said...

I am glad you had fun:)

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Kaylee

LadyStyx said...

Looks like a great time! Will check out the photo album after my stream.

Alok said...

Happy friendship day tori ...

alok

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Ladystyx!

Thanks Alok, happy friendship day to you too!