Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday's musings

We had close to a week of beautiful, sunny, warm weather. Today, however, it was cold and wet. Unfortunately, the sudden change in weather means I now have a cold. I've been sneezing all day, and my nose is dripping like a leaky tap, while the other side is stuffed up like a clogged up drain. Yuck! Um... Sorry if you were eating and I grossed you out! LOL!

Today being Monday, Mam should have been here this evening, but since we were both so tired from not sleeping too well again last night, we decided it would be better if she didn't come down. We both get a bit snippy when we're tired, so we both agreed it would be better if we didn't spend the evening together, otherwise we'd have just been at each other's throats. And, before anyone says anything, I didn't watch any kind of movie last night, so there's no way you can blame it on watching horror movies.

Normally I'd be going shopping tomorrow (Tuesday). But, Mam asked if we could go on Wednesday instead this week, and I agreed. Megan's supposed to have her shots this month, so I might see about taking her for the shot tomorrow.

My next door neighbour (Margret) is going away for a few days (I think she's going to visit her family in New Port) so she's asked us to keep an eye on her place. Also, she was expecting a parcel, which was meant to arrive today but didn't, so she's asked us if she can leave a note on her door to tell the delivery person to leave it with us. Usually at least one of us is home, so that's not a problem.

I think the people who live above us might be a bit quieter for a while. It's the guy who makes most of the noise. He has his mates over until who knows when, playing what passes for music in his deluded mind. Even his parner gets annoyed. A couple of days ago, it was still going on at 3:00 am, and I was just thinking about going up there and asking him to at least lower the volume, when I heard his pardner yelling at him. They had a huge argument, and then she either threw his mates out or him and his mates. Not sure exactly. Anyway, it's been a lot quieter since, so whatever happened, I think it was for the best. I do know that if she did throw him out, then he's back now, because I heard his voice earlier when I was taking Kero out for a pee, and they had their window open. Yeah, I know, I'm a nosy cow, aren't I? LOL!

Is it just me, or are people starting to think about Christmas earlier every year? People already seem to be discussing what they want for Christmas, what they will be doing around Christmas, etc. It's a shame people have lost sight of the ture meaning of the season. Were it not for that fact, it would be nice that people are thinking about it so soon. I don't usually start thinking about it until like the end of September or the start of October. Basically, some time between Mabon (the Autumn/Fall Equinox) and Samhain (Halloween). And we do both Yule and Christmas. Yet, I still manage to get all the presents brought for everyone for both holidays before everyone else gets everything they need for just Christmas. LOL!

OK, I'm out of things to say now, so I think it's time to publish the post.

Tori

8 comments:

KAYLEE said...

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON:)

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Thanks. Give a week or two and I'll probably be right as rain. Maybe sooner if the weather makes up it's mind!

ChicagoLady said...

Just curious. Since you yourself state you're a pagan, why do you celebrate Christmas? I understand celebrating Yule, because you've explained the meaning behind that. But Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. If you're a pagan, then wouldn't you NOT believe in God and the fact that he sent his son to earth as a man to die for us?

Debby said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Yes, I have noticed the rush to end the summer season. One store I was shopping in played Christmas music. I think that is taking things way too far. Huggles, and I hope you are better soon.

C-Kayak said...

Feel better Tori, and yes, the stores are obnoxious about that stuff!

Liz said...

Well Tori I am sorry you have a cold they are miserable things, and yes the weather is not good.
As for the rush toward Christmas we that is my works are not yet thinking about christmas it is usually September when they put out the cards and wrapping paper and the christmas shop opens end of October begining of November as a rule.xx

Tori_Z said...

ChicagoLady:
You're right, I don't believe in God and such. It's a bit of a long story, so I'll answer you in a proper post.

Debby & Carol:
Exactly! And, thank you!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Auntie Lizzie!