Friday, August 17, 2007

Random things

"Friday's night dream
On the Saturday told,
Is sure to come true,
Be it never so old."

That's what they say anyway! :)

Sh, if you have a dream tonight that you hope will come true, tell someone about it, and maybe it really will come true. Who knows?

I'm not sure what made me decide to post that. I was looking at some cute little poems, rhymes and songs on a Pagan Parenting web site, and decided I wanted to put that one in my post. Maybe because it's Friday night tonight?

Besides, not much is going on.

The sun is 'trying' to shine, but not having much luck. The rain is definitely winning the battle.

My next door neighbour came home today. Her parcel arrived on Wednesday, so when we realised she was home, Kelly took it around to her.

Carl and Rachel should be at my parents' place by now. Carl was working until lunch time, then they had to get the train from Norwich (where they live) to Neath (where Mam and Dad met them). I don't remember how long they will be staying for. I think it's two weeks, but don't quote me on that. I don't know how much I'll get to see of them though, because it sounds like they have their whole time booked up.

I was invited to go to Cardiff with Mam and Rachel, but I said, "No thanks." The idea of going all the way to Cardiff just to look at outfits for Rachel's wedding next year, really doesn't appeal to me.


My nose is being less like a combination of a leaky tap and a clogged drain, and more like a normal nose now. I'm still sneezing and coughing a fair bit though. The cough is mostly at night, the sneezing is mostly in the day. At least they're taking it in turns, I guess. It's less stress on the body if you're only doing one or the other. LOL!

I don't know if my Nan got my apple cider vinegar, because I haven't spoken to her since she went to town. I hope she did. I'll find out tomorrow. Kelly's going up there for the gaming club, so if she got it, he'll bring it home with him.

He should also be bringing me some fruit cake from Wayne and Kirstee's wedding, which went well by the way. Mam says that Kirstee looked beautiful. And, when they get their photos sorted, they'll bring them over to Mam's place for her to copy the disk they're on, and she'll let me see them. So, at least I'll get to see photos of the wedding. I'm more interested in the bit of cake at the moment though. LOL!

I've been doing some more online shopping. Not books this time though, lol! This time it was a new controller for my GameCube. My old one is perfectly fine, but I wanted a purple one. Every time I've gone to order one it's been out of stock (guess a lot of people like purple ones, lol) so, when I saw it was in stock, I grabbed the chance and ordered one. I should have it some time next week.

I also ordered the anime movie 'Spirited Away.' I've wanted it for some time, but never got around to buying it. I've seen it a couple of times, though I've somehow always managed to miss the very beginning. So, when the DVD arrives, which also should be some time next week, I'll finally get to see how the movie starts. LOL!

Not done any reading for a couple of days (unless you count reading blog posts, and stuff on web sites, LOL!) Not sure why. Just haven't felt like it. Maybe the fact I'm spending so much time either coughing or sneezing might be behind it?

And, Kelly's getting a cold now too.

Can't think of anything else to say, so I think I'll call it a day.

Tori

15 comments:

KAYLEE said...

I am glad I am not in your house!:P

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Why's that?

KAYLEE said...

because you are all geting sick:)

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Good reason! Don't mind me, I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight. LOL!

KAYLEE said...

haha thats okay!

Katie said...

I like the poem... maybe it will work? I'll have to try it... except that I always have really bad nightmares so that might not be a good idea. :)

Tori_Z said...

Katie:
Yeah, I think you're only meant to tell people your dreams if you want them to come true, and I don't know about you, but I know that I'd rather not have my nightmares come true.

StygianMuse said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Tori :(

Hugssssssssss

KAYLEE said...

YOU SHOP ONLINE? what so you hate shopping?

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Gypsy.

Kaylee:
Yes, and no. I do shop online, but I also shop in regular stores. But, since I live in such a rural area, it is a lot of hastle getting to the stores that sell the good stuff. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Tesco, a small post office, a small card shop, and aa couple of other small shops, but it takes much longer to get to the decent ones. By car, it would take 30 to 40 minutes. But, I don't drive, so I have to take a bus, which takes about an hour and a half (the bus takes a slightly different route to the way my Dad takes when he drives, plus it has to stop at all the bus stops on the way). So, while I don't exactly hate shopping, - though, it isn't one of my favourite things in the world to do - I tend to do a lot of shopping online, because it's easier. I do go in to town once a week, and once or twice a month I go into the city. But, when it takes about two hours to get there (and the same to come back, of course) and the last reliable (if you can call our bus service reliable) bus leaves the city just after 3:00 pm, it kind of takes the fun out of the shopping trip. Don't you think?

LadyStyx said...

Im with Tori. I like to shop in a store and actually handle what Im going to buy so I can see if Im going to like it.We also have transport problems here. Although there are 2 shopping centers nearby, there isnt any bussing in my area (how dumb is that???) and the closest public transport I have is by cab (ka-ching). I dont drive so if I dont cab it, I need to wait on others and I hate that.

Liz said...

Great blog Tori I always enjoy reading your blog, and what is the cider vinegar for.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well poor little you tori, still not free from that nasty cold thingy, and kelly starting to get it now, you have got a poorly house.
glad you got your purple thingy at last.

and enjoy the movie when it comes next week, and as aunty lizzie says " you do very interesting blogs ".

big hugs to you both.
grandma x

KAYLEE said...

YEP thats true:P

Tori_Z said...

Ladystyx:
Ouch! Cab fares can be quite expensive! No wonder you don't seem to go out much!

Auntie Lizzie:
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog.

The cider vinegar is to put with some honey to try and fight this cold.

Grandma:
Thanks. And, I don't have my purple controller just yet. It's been posted, but not with me... yet!

Kaylee:
Glad you think so! :D