Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bit of a whiny post

Guess what? While I was posting on here that I wanted to go see 'The Simpson's Movie' but nobody wanted to go with me, Mam was taking Shireen and Elizabeth to see it. She didn't offer me, because she didn't think I'd want to go. Hm... OK. I guess she forgot about our conversation on Thursday evening at Jackie's place, when Shireen said she wanted to see the movie, I said I did too, and Mam said she didn't want to go. Either that, or she assumed I just didn't want to walk the 2.5 miles from my place to hers, then the 2.5 miles from her place to the local cinema, and then walk the 5 miles back home again. In Mam's defence, I do usually avoid going to that cinema. It's only a small place, and mostly it's teenagers and little kids who go there. The people who can't drive yet, and who's parents can't be bothered to take them to the better cinema. But that's not the point! I should have been asked and given the opportunity to say "yes" or "no" for myself. Anyway, Shireen and Elizabeth enjoyed the movie, but Mam didn't. I wouldn't have minded that they went without me so much, but they all started telling me bits that happened in the movie. I have to admit, I got a bit snappy at that point and pointed out that just because they'd seen it and I hadn't, that was no reason to spoil it for me for when I do get to see it. I'd seen most of the bits they mentioned when I'd been watching the various trailers, but that's so not the point!

Anyway...

Today was shopping day. I didn't get much, because I figured it would be better not to do anything I didn't 'need' to do with Shireen with us. So, I just did my food shopping, and got a few bits I needed for helping Shireen make a card for her brother (he's getting married on Saturday). We did have some lunch though. Elizabeth and I had baguettes. Mine was my usual tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion one, and Elizabeth had just cheese and onion in hers. And, Shireen had a corned beef pasty. Then Mam decided she fancied a friut scone, and offered the rest of us a cake each too. Elizabeth didn't want one, but Shireen and I did. Shireen had a donut with chocolate icing on it, and I had a scone like Mam. I have trouble saying no to those scones. They're fruit scones with jam and cream in them, and vanilla icing on top. Absolutely delicious!

It wasn't too bad of a day (weather wise). For the most part, it was dry, and quite warm. But, it rained a bit when we were in town. It didn't rain for long though, and it was one of those sun showers where it's so warm you don't really care that it's raining, because the rain cools you down a bit.

That's basically been my day, so I'll end this for today.

Tori

9 comments:

KAYLEE said...

HAHA Yeah I agree you are allowed to whine some.hehe.will they go see it again with ya????

Tori_Z said...

Elizabeth might if I ask her, but I hate going with someone who's already seen the movie, because I hate the constant "watch this, this bit is good" or "watch this bit, it's really funny" that you get from people who've already seen a movie and can't keep their moth shut. So, if it's a choice between watching the movie with someone who's already seen it, or waiting for it to come out on Sky movies, I'd rather wait.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh dear poor-poor tori, and yes i agrre with kaylee " you grumble when you want to " and yes you should have had the oppertunity to say " yes or no " .
( but ) just remember the sweeties and such that you would have had there, that gave you the right to have what you did in town to eat , lol .
good luck in going to see the film and i hope there isnt to much of " watch this or that bit " , lol .

grandma x

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
I'm not going to be going to see it. I know there will be lots of "watch this" "watch that" so I'm not going to bother. I'm sure it will be on Sky quite soon, and I'm possitive it will be out on DVD by Christmas.

KAYLEE said...

I got ya yeah that is annoying:)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well love i dont blame you waiting for it to come on sky or dvd.

Debby said...

I know the feeling of not being asked to join others for an outing. It is hurtful. I'm sending you a hug, hopefully it will get there without any weather delays.

LadyStyx said...

Im with debby on this one. Sending a warm hug in from Texas.

Tori_Z said...

Thanks Debby and Ladystyx