Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Healthy, happy, content cat"

The weather wasn't too bad this morning, so Kelly was able to take Megan (see photo to the left of this text) to the vet for her shots. I think she knew she was going, because she vanished just before I was going to put her in her cat carrier. But, I know Megan thinks with her stomach, so I opened a can of cat food. Within a few seconds, Megan was at my feet. We have no idea where she came from, but with Megan we rarely do. That's why Wayne (my brother) calls her Mystic Meg. Because she just appears out of nowhere. Anyway, the vet gives the animals a thorough check-up when they go in for their shots, and pronounced Megan a "healthy, happy, content cat." So, that's good!

Anyway...

My Grandma sent me a DVD called 'Born On The Straw' a couple of weeks ago. It actually arrived before I went to visit Jackie, Shireen and Elizabeth, but I hadn't had a chance to watch it. Until yesterday. It's a sort of documentary type thing following up on 'Ainlee' and her family. There was a book written something like 40 years ago about Ainlee and her family, but Ainlee was just a little girl then. She's all grown up now and has children (and grandchildren) of her own now. It was a really good DVD. If everyone lived as simply as they do, and were as willing to help each other as they are, the world would be a much better place to live in. That's my opinion anyway. And Ainlee's little grandson 'Levi George' (who, at the time this was made, had not long turned three) is SO CUTE! And such a willing little helper. Bless him!

Haven't really done much else. I've mostly just been messing about on the PC, playing on my GameCube, and listening to the Lemony Snicket story on audio CD (Kelly got them for me last week). I should be reading the Harry Potter book, but I wanted a bit of a rest from reading.

Kelly's been walking Kero for me, in order to stop me going out in the cold and wet. I'm kind of glad in a way, because I'm coughing and sneezing so much that it would be hard work walking Kero at the moment. Still, I am missing being outside. Oh well, hopefully I'll be better soon, then I can go with Kero on his walks again.

I've added a few new books to my book pile. They are: "Charlotte's Web" by E. B. White, and "Ugly" by Constance Briscoe.

I don't know what order I'll end up reading all these books, because I've just been adding them to the piles of books I have. So, I guess it will just be as I get to them. I'm still slowly making my way through 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' though, so there could be more on the pile by the time I'm done. LOL!

OK, I think that's about it from me for today. I'll post a reply to ChicagoLady's most recent question tomorrow.

Hope you're all having a good day, and that those of you who, like myself, haven't been feeling too good lately, are feeling at least a little better.

Tori

8 comments:

Debby said...

I have piles of books too. I think I have a book addiction. I average buying at least 6 books a month. My pile is getting quite high. during the summer months I don't read as much. I'm sure by next spring I will be caught up. I do so hope you feel better soon. Hugs

Tori_Z said...

Debby:
Glad it's not just me! LOL! My book pile contained about 60 books when I last counted. I read a couple after that, but I also added a couple, so it's probably still got about 60 books in it. I understand the whole reading less in the Summer months thing. I love to read, but curling up with a good book is much more inviting on a cold, winter night than it is on a boiling hot, Summers evening. Not to mention, it's a lot more difficult to concentrate on reading when you're too hot to think straight. That's my opinion anyway.

Debby said...

I agree that is is hard to read or think straight when hot. I hate to be hot so I keep our thermostat at 68 degrees during the day. At night I like it even cooler.

KAYLEE said...

I love to read:)

Tori_Z said...

Debby:
We almost never have our heating on. But, I do know ours over here work differently to yours. Anyway, we try and keep the place cool as well. I can't deal with too much heat.

Kaylee:
That's great! What kinds of books do you read? Did you take a book with you to hospital? I usually do whenever I go to hospital.

C-Kayak said...

Sign me up for the "piles of books" club - I also love to read & order books! And it does get out of control :D

Tori_Z said...

Carol:
Yeah, it does get a bit out of hand sometimes, doesn't it? LOL!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad you enjoyed the dvd i sent you, it was a lovely story.

well i wont want for a book to read when i come stay with you will i, lol.

love the photo of megan .

big hugs
grandma x