Friday, November 28, 2008

Award, Willow, eyes and cards (PTMI if you're really squeemish)

OK, first of all... I got another award today. From Wifey. You can see it at http://wifeoriley.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-have-been-inspiredor-rather.html (this way is easier for me).

I don't know who to pass it on to. Most of the people who's blogs I read already have it, I think. So I'm not going to bother passing it on to anyone in particular. You all have inspiring/encouraging blogs in one way or another. So, if you want it and nobody's given you one then help yourself. :)

***~***

Willow (my Mam's Black Labrador) is four years old today.

For those who don't know... We ALWAYS celebrate pet birthdays. The "kids" even get cards and presents.

We got her a new doll. Not the typical dolls you'd get for a human child. It's a "battle toy" designed to withstand rough play from a big dog like Willow. But it's made in to the shape of a doll.

I think she had a good birthday, but I haven't spoken to my Mam today, so I can't honestly say.

***~***

I "finally" got around to calling about an appointment for a new eye (is it just me, or is that a really weird sounding sentence? LOL!) They're going to send me a letter with an appointment date on it. Would have been easier for me if they could tell me now when they want me seen, but whatever!

They said they "haven't got anything for at least three weeks," but since I'm meant to wait another three weeks before my eye socket is fiddled with anyway that works out great.

I'm not sure which of "the girls" (their words, not mine) I'm seeing. I hope it's the one I had before when I had my other eye done. She was nice... A bit nosier than she should really be, but I liked her.

Actually, I should have still been seeing someone. These eyes are meant to be checked. I think they give them a good clean, make sure they're not getting too loose or anything in the socket... That sort of thing. But where I went to Canada all my appointments got dropped and it took until last year when I had to be rushed in to A&E to get appointments set up with any kind of eye doctor again.

I think it'll be a six monthly appointment (once my new eye is made).

***~***

I got all the Christmas cards written with my Mam, and Kelly posted them yesterday morning for me. The only ones not posted are ones I hadn't gotten yet and only realised when we were writing them... Like the card for Carl and Rachel.

And, of course, I've still got to get the cards sorted for the people who are actually nearby... Family and friends alike.

But almost every single card that's being posted is now on its way to whoever it's for.

I think I got everyone. If I forgot you then I'm sorry! If you were forgotten then it's nothing personal... It's a genuine mistake.

To all those "the other side of the pond" who have cards on their way from me:

Post from the UK to the US and Canada generally only takes a week or two. However, it can sometimes take a bit longer. So, if your Christmas card isn't with you on time then sorry. In theory I posted it in plenty of time. In practice... *Shrugs*... Well, it's not my fault if the postal service decides to be a pain in the butt. Just remember that - if I asked for your address - then you DO have a card on its way.

***~***

I can't think of anything else to write about right now. So I'm going to let this do.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Tori

9 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

rst of all a big " thank you " for mine and grandads christmas card( well i think thats what it is ) as i thought i would wait till grandad gets here next weds so he can share opening it with me seeing as its the very first one between us that we have recieved.

hope all goe's well with the new eye " when you get it ".big hugs xx.

ChicagoLady said...

Congrats on the award!

"Calling for an appointment for a new eye"...I hear that ALL the time! LOL

I'm glad I don't have to send any cards out of the country, I'd never have them posted in time.

KAYLEE said...

the mail for us is under not my last name bbut THE roomates last name so, yeah my postal service might have a problem with the name i gave you!

Punkn said...

You definitely deserve that award Tori. Congrats! And, now that you mention it, making an appointment for a new idea might sound a little strange... but it is reality. Huggssss

The Wife O Riley said...

I love the idea that they are going to send you a card with your appointment on it. Why can't they just tell you? Is it a big suprise?

You definitely deserve that award!

LadyStyx said...

Congrats on the award!

Happy Birthday Willow!

Good luck on your appointment. It's better to get it set and not need it than try and squeeze it in at the last moment.

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Yes, the one addressed to both you and Grandad is a Christmas card. YAY I get to be the first one to send you a "Grandma & Grandad" Christmas card! :)

Chicago:
Thanks... And LOL!

Kaylee:
The postal service goes by address. It's for the recipients to figure out if the name is right or not. I know because one of the people I send a card to I don't know how to spell the last name, so I just put her first name on it, but it always gets there. As long as the room mate knows you use that last name then it'll be fine. :)

Punkn:
Thanks. :)

Yeah... But it's definately a sentence you don't see used very often. LOL!

Wifey:
Thanks. :)

I don't know... Maybe it's a Christmas present? LOL!

I think it's funny though... You'd think they'd figure out that it would be easier to just tell me. Especially since we actually discussed during the call that I'd had the other one out. And I'm meant to read the card/letter how exactly? LOL!

Styxie:
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I agree (about the appointment).

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Willow!!!

Sorry I'm late - its hard to find a nice big leather rawhide chew toy for a beautiful big Black Labrador!

Best of luck with the new eye!

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy :)