Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where's the logic in that? (AE&D)

There are a few things I could mention that I can't see the logic in. For instance:

1). When my Dad was growing up the children's programme's weren't on until about 10:00 pm, bearing in mind that 8:00 pm was usually the latest a child was allowed to stay up. Now that children are being allowed to stay up as late as midnight, however, most of the children's programmes (and most of the children's channels too) are closed down by 8:00 pm at the latest.

2). The R.N.I.B. - which is supposed to be an organisation that caters to people with little or no vision - sells mostly items you need at least half decent vision to use. Even worse, they send out print instructions with the items they sell that actually can be used by people with no vision.

3). The council nag at you to recycle, making a big deal about how you should limit even those items. They then promptly send you a 10 page letter just to tell you that you're up to date with your rent payments.

I could go on and on...

But what got me yesterday was this:

Me: What are you up to?
Kelly: Rotating a picture for a friend
Me: Why? Can't your friend rotate a picture?
Kelly: My friend doesn't know much about computers
Me: Neither do you
Kelly: OK... But I know enough to open a programme, rotate a picture and save it
Me: Er... You're opening a programme just to rotate a picture?
Kelly: Yes
Me: You know you can just right click on it in the folder and click on rotate until it's how you want it and it automatically saves it like that, right?
Kelly: This way's easier
Me: Let me get this straight... You're saying it's easier for your friend to send you a picture - which you then have to open up, rotate, save, then send back - than it is for you to just tell your friend to "right click on the picture and select rotate"? Which - by the way - is something even my Nan could do! (Not my Grandma who comes on the blogs, my other Nan).
Kelly: Yes

*Shaking head*

Is it just me, or does that fall under the "where's the logic in that?" catagory?

Tori

P.S. The "AE&D" warning may not have been necessary, but I figured it would be better to add it than to be held responsible for any damage done to monitors due to food or drink being spat out or shot through the nose while reading this post.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:)

It gets a little frustrating dealing with people that are set in their..."odd" little way of doing things!

ChicagoLady said...

*Agrees with Iggy*

Sometimes you just have to let people do things their way, even if there may be a faster or easier way to do it.

Tori_z said...

Iggy & Chicago:
I did... I just walked away and left him to it.

LadyStyx said...

Hey now! Im one of those people that does things in her "odd" little way. *laffz*

01)Sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself than to listen to the friend bitch they cant do it or that they messed it up.

and

02)Sometimes the "long way" is the only way the person is comfortable with.

Ya did the right thing...just leave him to it.

AliceKay said...

Hmm...I guess I do things the long way sometimes too...but in the long run, I make out better than trying to CHANGE how I do things so it's actually a shorter way. (did you understand that? LOL)

Sorry, Tori...I'm way behind on your blog even tho I caught up not too long ago.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
OK... Fair enough! :)

AK:
Yep, I followed that... LOL!

No worries about being a bit behind... I have, after all, posted a lot in the past few days. ;)