Friday, November 14, 2008

Yesterday AKA my birthday (FD)

I don't think I need to tell you that yesterday (Thursday) was my birthday... But I will anyway. LOL!




I had a good day, and got quite a few pressies. Only one of the teddies in the above photo is a birthday present though. The one with the pink hoody... It was from Kelly. The other two were ones I got just before my last hospital trip. The one with the scarf was from Kelly, the little lamb was from my Mam. But since we had the camera out I thought I'd include them in the photo anyway. :)

Anyway...

My Mam made me a birthday cake. See...



And, yes, it is a very tasty cake. ;)

Mam and Dad came for the afternoon. We were meant to have egg and cress sandwiches for lunch... Dad got some cress for me special. But I wasn't really hungry, and neither was anyone else. So we just had a piece of cake and then waited for dinner... Which - if you're interested - was toad in the hole, roasties and sprouts.

So... What did I get?

Well, I'd already had my main pressie from Mam and Dad early because of going in to hospital (my Ipod Shuffle) and Kelly let me have the main pressie from him early too (a new stereo for the bedroom). I also had the teddy mentioned above, £30, a little box of my favourite chocolates (Guylians chocolate seashells), a bottle of my favourite perfume (Charlie blue) and the fairy globe in the picture below.



I also had a couple of candied apples. Dad and I had a good laugh over them. Why? Because - according to the label - they "may contain traces of nuts" and "contain traces of spinach." The nuts I can see... Most chocolate carries that warning, so I get that. But spinach? WTF??? Who the hell puts spinach in candied apples? And, more importantly... WHY??? *Shaking head* Well, at least that explains why the last one I had tasted a little weird. LOL!

I also had the obvious things... You know? Cards. LOL!

Oh yeah, and Eleri and Faye got me a pair of PJs. They also got a little treat for Kero so he didn't feel left out with me having pressies.

I've got a pressie coming from my brother that I don't know what it is too. He has ordered it, but it's not got to me yet. Shouldn't be too much longer though. :)

All in all... A nice selection of pressies, and a really good day. :)

And... Speaking of pressies... I had a nice surprise the other day. A new audiobook from MarmiteToasty. I'm going to listen to it once I'm done listening to Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series (I'm on book 5 of 6 with that now).

Thank you, Toasty! :)

And...

Thanks to everyone who did "happy birthday" posts for me on their blogs, posted "happy birthday" comments on here, sent me birthday e-mails, etc, etc. :)

Tori

17 comments:

Punkn said...

Sounds like all in all you had a wonderful birthday. Your mom is very talented in the cake decorating department. Pretty, pretty, pretty. I do have to ask, though. What is toad in the hole and roasties (I get sprouts lol)????

Tori_z said...

Punkn:
Toad in the hole is basically sausages, onions and tomatoes cut up and cooked in a batter.

"Roasties" means "roast potatoes"

ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad Punkn asked about the toad in the hole, because I was not sure what it could be. I knew it for sure was not a real toad stuffed down a hole, that just doesn't sound edible.

You got some really nice presents for your birthday. I'm sure you'll enjoy the iPod Shuffle and the stereo. The cake looks delicious. What kind of cake was it?

Spinach and candied apples? That's something you don't hear about every day.

KAYLEE said...

glad you had fun

Celticspirit said...

Happy Birthday Tori! Tell your Mom she did a good job decorating your cake. I love that Fairy globe you got, it's so pretty. All your other presents are really neat too. I'm glad you had a fun day. :)

Celticspirit said...

Oh yeah, maybe I'll trying making that toad in the hole stuff if I can find a recipe. It sounds good.

AliceKay said...

Sure looks like you had a wonderful birthday. :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Chicago:
It's a sponge cake with jam in between the two layers.

Celtic:
There's one on my recipe page... Here...

http://ziglerrecipebook.blogspot.com/2007/01/toad-in-hole.html

Most of the other recipes we use are on there too. Although, some of the newer ones we've found haven't made it on there yet because I'm waiting for Mam and I to have the time to sit down together for her to read while I type them up.

LadyStyx said...

That fairy globe is lovely. The cake sounded very good. Then again, anything sweet sounds good right about now....

Tori_z said...

*Moves her bag of treats as far away from Styxie's reach as possible*

It's for your own good, Styxie!

The Wife O Riley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORI!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family.

Matt is completely inspired by your request and I think you're going to like it. I'm sorry it's taking so long, he's working alot because it's so cold here.

Tori_z said...

Wifey:
Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

And thanks very much to you and Matt for what you're doing. I don't mind if it takes a while... Just let me know when it's done and I'll e-mail you my address. :)

Kati said...

Awww, I missed it!!! I'm sorry Tori!!!! I'm glad you had a happy birthday, even while being in hospital. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES coming your way. (((((HUGS)))))

Intense Guy said...

Is there by any chance, any cake left?

:)

Tori_z said...

Kati:
No worries... And, thanks. :)

Iggy:
Yep... There's still a couple of pieces left... Want some?

Jess said...

Toad in the hole: may contain traces of toad...

At least it hasn't gotten to this stage - I think I can handle a little spinach in some apple. I think.
xx Glad you had a great birthday!

Tori_z said...

LOL Jess... And, thanks. :)