Monday, November 03, 2008

Frustration from fireguards (R/WP)

On Tuesday I ordered the fireguard I said I wanted to get for the fireplace in the living room. It was meant to be delivered on Thursday. But Thursday came and went and there was no sign of it. So I called to find out where it was.

Their answer was, "Well, it was on the van, I don't know why it wasn't delivered. I'm really sorry, and will arrange for a replacement to come out to you. It will be delivered on Monday."

OK, fine. I'm not impressed but I say that's OK and thank you. And I hang up.

I was told it would come "any time between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm," which meant that not only did we have to be up early to recieve it, but that we had a bad night since that's generally what happens when you have to get up early... You can't sleep because you're worried about sleeping in. Needless to say we didn't exactly get up in the best of moods (I often get up quite early, but Kelly doesn't generally get up until at least 10:00 am - at the earliest - unless there's a reason for it. And I can never sleep properly when I know I "have to" be up early... Even if the "early" is later than I normally get up).

The fireguard came around 12:30 pm. But the fact we got up at 6:30 am for something that didn't come until 6 hours later isn't the problem. No, the problem is the condition it came in.

It's broken. And the bits that aren't broken are so battered it's not going to take much to finish them off.

I'm not impressed! And now I've got to go through the hastle of getting a replacement AGAIN at the same time as making sure that Kelly and Kero have everything they're going to need (food wise, etc) while I'm in hospital, since I go back in on Wednesday.

Luckily my Mam's offered to sort out the fireguard issue for me, but still... If they'd done their job properly then she wouldn't have to. I mean, she's got a million and one things to do as it is! *Sigh*

So, by now I should have had a fireguard around the fire. But no! Instead I have a broken fireguard that needs replacing, and yet another thing to add to the list of things that have to get done before Wednesday!

OK, rant over!

Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

I've been saying "It's always something" for so long now, my parents and friends think its my personal motto.

...well it's true isn't it?

Tori_z said...

*Nods* Yes - unfortunately - it's VERY, VERY true! *Sighs*

ChicagoLady said...

I hope there's another company you can get a fireguard from? That company sounds like they don't want your business very badly. That's rediculous to send one that's broken, and what's worse is that it's a replacement for the one that didn't get delivered!

I wonder if that's the original that sat on the truck all weekend, getting tossed around and that's why it's broken?

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
Yeah... I wondered about that. I don't think I'll ever know the answer to that though.

I think my Mam's going to give them another chance at giving us a fireguard that's not broken. Failing that we're going to make them give us a refund and take our buisness elsewhere. There are plenty of other places I can get a fireguard from, so if they can't give us one we can use then I agree with you that they obviously don't want our buisness.

LadyStyx said...

*HUGZ*

"It's always something" and "When things settle" ...yeah familiar with that.

MarmiteToasty said...

Kelly dont usually get up until 10? bloody 10? 2 words...... LAZY GIT lol hahahahaha

sorry about the broken fireguard, you should of dragged Kelly's lazy bum out of bed and sent him down to the shop, broken fireguard in hand and lobbed it through their window, there, that would of sorted em :)....

KELLY ITS NOW 9.45am GET OUT OF BED .......... :)

x

Tori_z said...

Thanks, Styxie... *hugs* :)

Toasty:
Yeah, well, when you don't go to bed til 3:00 am you don't tend to get up early. LOL!

He was up early today... He usually is on a Tuesday, because he goes shopping and prefers to go shopping early (before everyone starts piling in to the town on the busses).

Well, throwing the firguard through their window would probably be fun, but I think that - since I want one without having to pay out again for it - it might be best if I tried getting it replaced instead. Thanks for the suggestion though. ;)