Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oops AKA Kero's last 2008 grooming session

I knew there was something happening yesterday (Wednesday) but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. Even when there was a knock at the door at 8:45 am I still didn't figure it out. It was only when I heard Kero's groomer say, "hello," to Kelly when he opened the door - closely followed by Kero deciding making a mad dash for the bedroom to hide was a better idea than greeting "his" visitor - that I actually realised what it was.

Yep... Kero had a grooming appointment yesterday. I'm just glad about two things:

1). His groomer picks him up... If she didn't then he wouldn't have made it to his appointment.

2). I had remembered the other day, which meant we did have cash on hand to give to her to pay his bill. Admittedly I had to give her £40 for a £27 bill and have her bring me home change. But at least I had cash to give her... Better to need her to bring me change than to have nothing to pay her with, you think?

So... Kero's now freshly groomed. I'm afraid we didn't take any new photos though... Sorry!

By the way... For those who aren't familiar with Kero's views on grooming...

It's not so much that he doesn't like being groomed. It's that he doesn't like:

1). Water. If it's not in a bowl, bucket or puddle where he can drink it without getting more than his face wet then he doesn't want to go anywhere near it. That's why we put a coat on him to take him out a lot of the time... He'd rather go without "walkies" than get rained on. Funny thing is... He absolutely LOVES snow! LMAO!

2). He doesn't like being cooped up. He's always hated confined spaces... Especially if they involve a barrier that stops him getting to anyone else. So since the groomers have to crate the dogs to keep them seporate - meaning that the only time Kero's not in a cage during the whole time he's there is when the actual grooming is taking place - Kero doesn't approve of their methods.

Which is why he runs as far in the opposite direction from his groomer or the grooming parlor as he can when he catches sight of them... It's not that he doesn't like being groomed as such, it's that he doesn't like that it involves a bath and being put in a cage. I expect he's not all that thrilled about the noise some of the things they use (like the clippers) make either.

That's him tidied up and - hopefully - clean for Christmas now. I'm not going to hold my breath on the clean bit though. LOL! Kero's not all that good at staying clean. But then... He is a white dog, so what do you expect?

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

That's so funny Tori! I used to have a jet black Labrador named Smokey and he loved getting wet. He'd roll in puddles (and mud), jump in creeks, follow me into the shower, and oddly, didn't care much for snow! He was totally indifferent to being groomed or going to the Vet.

Maybe its a white dog - black dog kind of thing.

AliceKay said...

No, I wouldn't think white dogs were easy to keep clean for long. LOL

LadyStyx said...

Then there was one of my cats that LOVED being groomed.If I didnt close the bathroom door tightly before getting into the shower, I'd turn around and find him IN the shower with me!

Punkn said...

I'll bet Kero looks just great. All of my dogs have always loved being bathed. Now the cats ae another matter entirely!

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Willow (Mam's Black Lab) absolutely LOVES water of any description... I think it just depends on the dog in question.

AK:
No kidding!

Styxie:
Sakura was like that. She once jumped in the bath with me... I was NOT impressed! Sharing a bath with a cat is NOT fun!

Megan would go in the shower or bath after you were done and the water was no longer running to clean her paws off in the water not quite gone from the bottom of it.

I've had some weird cats. LOL!

Punkn:
I love when he's just groomed... He reminds me of when he was a puppy... All soft and fluffy!

If you want to see photos of him nice and clean then there are plenty of old ones on the blog. I think this is the first time we haven't had photos of him after his grooming.

KAYLEE said...

:(