Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday at my place (FD)

This post has taken a lot longer to write than it should have. Why? Because Kero decided it was play time about when I started writing. So, I've just been alternating between "trying" to write this post and playing with Kero with his toys. I'd have made him wait until I was done, but... Well... It's surprising how much it hurts when you get hit on the leg by a squeaky toy or rope tuggy. LOL!

Anyway...

Mam took Kero out for me today. I was going to go with her, but because I didn't seem in any hurry to go anywhere she just took him herself. I guess she was fed up of waiting for me. I can get ready to go places quickly if I either want to or "need" to, but if I don't "need" to then I don't tend to bother rushing. My Mam's not very good at taking her time doing anything though, so it's not unusual for her to get fed up of waiting for me when she doesn't "have to" wait. Oh well... Kero got a walk, and that's what matters most at the end of the day.

We had some of Mam's fish pie with some peas for dinner. Home made fish pie is the only kind I'll eat... I wont touch the shop brought, premade stuff. We don't have it often though, because - although I've started eating some kinds of fish, and do enjoy it - I'm not a big fan of fish, so couldn't eat it too often. My Dad's the same way. Mam and Kelly could easily have it once or twice a week though. Well, if it wasn't so expensive.

We (Mam and I) had a game of Ludo while dinner was cooking. It was a good game... One of those games that's anybody's game right up until the very last second. Mam won, but it could have easily been me, because it was the luck of the dice that gave her the game in the end. We both needed the same number to win... She just got it first.

And that's my day... Not all that exciting, but... *Shrugs*... It was a pretty good day. Hope yours has been a good one too. And - if it's not over yet - then I hope the rest of it is too! :)

Tori

9 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

I have two questions.

1. What the heck is fish pie? Please don't tell me it's pieces of fish baked in a pie shell...

2. What is Ludo? I've never heard of it.

Kati said...

*grin* I'm also wondering what "fish pie" is, and dreading the answer. Glad you had a decent Wednesday, Tori, even a quiet one.

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE homemade fish pie with a passion, as to my lads... Ive never bought a shopbought fish pie though so I have no idea what that is lol......

I top mine with sweet potatoe buttery mash and stilton cheese.... dam, now Im hungry for fish pie and might have to go buy fish and make one for dinner tonight.....

I do love fish, except fish choudar or however the hell its spelt lol.....

When Ive eated fish when out, like I had walleyed whole fish whilst in the states 3 years ago, its little beady eye was staring at me so I have to cover its head with a serviette LMFAO....

I do have a passion for king prawns though :)....

Glad Kero go to have his walk, Jacob is still dogging me about getting a dog LOL....

What??? doodles dont know what fish pie is? LOL..... I wonder if they would love Cornish Stargazey Pie, thats with a pastry crust and it has the head of the fish sticking through the pastry gazing at the sky :)... Im serious...

x

Tori_z said...

Chicago & Kati:
LOL! Fish pie is - put simply - fish cooked in a sauce then topped with potatoes. You can add any other bits you like too (see Toasty's comment) but that's basically what it is. No pastry involved (unless you make the other version mentioned in Toasty's comment).

And, Chicago... Ludo is a board game where you have four pieces of a certain colour (mine has shaped pieces, but the standard versions have all the same shape to the pieces) and you've got to get them out of your "home" and around the board and back to another safe place that's by your home. And you've got to do it a). Before the other player(s). And, b). While trying to avoid them landing on you and sending your piece back home. There are other versions you may have heard of... "Frustration" "Headache".... I know there are others, but can't think of their names. Does that help? Or did I confuse you more?

Toasty:
I can't eat fish if it's head is atatched. That's partly why I never ate fish before. I can't have it looking at me. You're talking about a person who wont stuff a chicken or turkey because of not wanting to touch it (let alone put my hand in it). I can't stand touching raw fish or meat, and I hate when it looks like it would when alive. So, if the fish has a head then it's going back and I'm asking for my money back!

If I had to go fishing to get some fish for dinner, I'd be going without. Last time I tried I got upset and made them throw the fish back... I felt sorry for it. So I need anything from an animal to not look anything like the animal or I can't bring myself to eat it.

Intense Guy said...

On a cold day like today, a nice mug of Fish Chowder would be yummy! And, oh what the heck, I'm sure I'd even eat Cornish Stargazey Pie.

Just don't make me go down one of those cornish mines though.

MarmiteToasty said...

Say NO to a mug of fish chowder LOL

x

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I tell you what... You don't try and make me have the fish chowder and I wont make you go down the mines... Cornish or otherwise. ;)

LadyStyx said...

Ludo sounds a bit like Parcheesi. Love that game.

I dont much care for food that stares back at me either. We went to a Chinese restaurant once that served "family style" with the food on dishes in the middle of the table and you served yourself. Well one of the courses came out with a huge fish....and it's head was still attached. I couldnt touch a thing on my plate until they turned the serving dish around! About the only thing I can tolerate showing up in front of me with it's head still attached is a plate of boiled shrimp and even then I still cover their little eyes with my fingers before ripping their little heads off. I process the whole plate by removing all the heads first and wrapping them in a napkin or papertowel so I dont have to look at em...

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
I "think" that might have been one of the other names I was trying to think of.

Glad it's not just me with the food staring at me thing.