Sunday, November 30, 2008

C-C-COLD!!! (I really mean it!)

OMG! It's SO COLD!!!

I bundled Kero and myself up (Kero in his coat, harness and lead. Me in my coat, fluffy socks, gloves and wooly hat) and we went for a little walk. It was only a short one... Maybe 10 minutes or so... But in just that amount of time my face was numb with cold!! So I'm VERY glad I thought to put my gloves on, because where one hand has to be on Kero's lead and the other has to be on my cane I wouldn't have been able to put my hands in my pockets to keep them warm.

The cold doesn't usually bother me, but there's cold and there's cold!

And... We actually put the gas fire on for a bit today where it's so cold. I was hoping to avoid doing it (those things are expensive to run) but since even I was really cold I decided we should do it. And Kelly - who feels the cold a lot for someone who was brought up in a cold place like Canada - didn't need telling twice. LOL!

I'm off to make a nice, hot drink before going to snuggle up in my nice, warm bed... Hope you and your family are safe and warm! Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Tori

12 comments:

AliceKay said...

How cold is cold? LOL

I hope you warmed up. *hugs*

ChicagoLady said...

Want some snow with that cold???? I have enough to share.

LadyStyx said...

snow??? *whimpers*

Tori_z said...

AK:
Ranging between -2 C (30 F) and 5 C (37 F). Mostly it's been staying around the 0 C to 1 C mark though.

Chicago:
Oh! Yes, please! :)

Punkn said...

Did you say cold? You can have it! Keep warm hun.

The Wife O Riley said...

That's the best, being out in the cold and coming in and getting all nice and toasty!

Intense Guy said...

It rained all day here...just above the freezing mark. Brrr...snow might of actually felt warmer.

Stay warm Tori...and thanks for the great poem!

KAYLEE said...

I love you can we talk?

Kaylee said...

I need to talk :( I dont know if i can do this anymore!

Tori_z said...

Punkn:
Thanks... You're so kind. ;)

Wifey:
True... Especially if that getting warm again part includes a nice, hot cup of tea or cocoa!

Iggy:
Thanks.

And, you're VERY welcome. :)

Kaylee:
Yes, you can... Hang in there!

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@you and the cold....... I dont mind the cold its the bitter wind that gets me goat..... mind you, I dont think its anythink like some of the weather those doodles have to face each winter....

I love nuffin better then a hobble along Southsea seafront in the winter, wind and all from the sea.... it really blows the cobwebs away....

I so need to buy some gloves this year LOL....

ToriZ do you not have central heating in your house?

We have central heating and this house is all toasty but we also some evenings will light our big open log fire.....

KEEP YOURSELF warm girl :)...... glad you got out for a little walk....

Happy Monday....... I DONT WANNA BE WORKING TODAY.... Arrggghhhhhhhhh

x

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
Yeah, we have central heating, and usually it's plenty warm enough with that, but we needed a bit of a heat boost yesterday, hence putting the fire on.

Yeah, you're right, them lot do put up with colder, but I can still moan if I want to... LOL!