Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quirks (LBE & FD)

Wifey did a post on her blog to do with her quirks. She invited everyone to post theirs in the comments section, and I was going to. But then I decided I'd do what Styxie, Iggy and Punkn (I think it was Punkn) did instead... In other words, do the post on my blog. So...

Some of you may have heard a couple of these before, but...

1). My favourite thing to eat depends on who's doing the cooking. Even down to prefering fried egg sandwiches from my Nan, but boiled egg sandwiches from my Mam. So everyone thinks they make my favourite food, because - with certain things - they make it my favourite way.

2). I like my cups of tea made scolding hot, but I wont drink them until they are almost cold. This means it takes me about half an hour from when a cup of tea is made to when I actually drink it. But I don't like people to actually cool it down for me... It has to cool naturally. Because of this, I almost never drink tea when I'm out somewhere.

3). I wont use a hair dryer on my hair. I prefer it to dry naturally. Plus, the noise of them irritates me.

4). I'm afraid of escilators (moving stairs). It's a fear I've had since childhood that I can't shake. If someone's with me I'll reluctantly go on them, but I'm off as soon as possible and if I have a choice then will do everything in my power to avoid them. I'd even rather walk up a couple of flights of stairs.

5). I hate having things on my feet, and when I do have something on my feet it's because it's really cold or I'm going out. But it has to be something light. I can't cope with wearing heavy shoes... I'd sooner wear sandals in Winter than wear a heavy shoe/boot.

6). I wont do something if it sounds more like an order than a request. Ask me to do something- making sure I know it's a request - and, as long as I think it's a reasonable request and it's within my power, I'll do it. Tell me to do something - making it plain I have no choice - and I'll dig my heals in and fight you all the way. Why? Because requests give me the option to refuse if I choose... Keeping me in control of what I do, when I do it, how I do it, etc. But if you tell me to do something then it's an order and means someone else is controling what I do, when I do it, etc. I need to feel I'm doing something because I want to, not because someone says I have to. For example: Tell me to, "put the kettle on, now," and I'll tell you where to go. But ask me, "would you put the kettle on?" And unless there's a VERY good reason (like i'm doing something that can't wait) then I'll do it.

7). I can make almost anything out of clay. As long as I either know what it looks like really well or have the item to duplicate. All I need is enough clay to comfortably work with, and some time and peace to work in.

***~***

There are probably others, but those are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Besides, I think the original post for this said seven things.

Tori

10 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Interesting list, but I don't think those are quite as quirky as others I've read, lol.

Tori_z said...

Chicago:
They weren't intended to be... I'd give too much away if I dug as deep as some people are. ;)

MarmiteToasty said...

Im just to quirky to do this quirky list lol

x

Tori_z said...

LOL Toasty!

LadyStyx said...

LOL...and there's about half the list that I didnt get down in my entry. You and I are an aweful lot alike in many ways.

3) I dont use a dryer either usually...dont even own one. The only time a dryer is used on my hair is when I go to get my hair cut OR if Im in a hotel and dont have time to allow it to dry naturally.

4) Im skittish on the escalators too. I'll go on them BUT when it gets to getting off...I jump off as soon as I know I can make the leap safely.

5) Im one that doesnt like things on my feet if I dont have too. Even in the winter I'll run barefoot in the house...no matter how cold it is. It's getting a bit more difficult as I get older to do this though as my heels have started giving me fits when I do.


6) Same there too. My bike riding is a prime example. You can sit there and order me, beg and plead with me, tell me it's good for me and I'll just dig my heels in....but if it's MY idea to get on the bike...then I handle it just fine.

Intense Guy said...

Well, its awful hard to 'top' counting kernels of corn and only eating a even number of them.

:)

Interesting list Tori!

Punkn said...

I order you to have a Happy Birthday, Tori. Oh wait, that wouldn't be a good idea. Tori, will you PLEASE have a wonderful birthday?!?

Punkn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I'm exactly the opposite with you on numbers 2 and 4, but pretty much the same on 3.
The clay thing is cool. That must be really fun.

I'm soo not joining in on this quirks thing. I honestly don't think I have any. But then I guess I'll look and find loads and be really shocked...
x

Tori_z said...

Thanks for the comments all. :)

Styxie:
Yeah... I noticed many simularities when reading your quirks.

LOL @ punkn. :)