Saturday, May 16, 2009

Six word Saturday - 16/5/09

"My tumble dryer died on Thursday."

I opened the door. There was a crunchy-cracky type noise. Then I was left holding the dryer door. Kelly tried to fix it, but when we turned the dryer on the door flew across the room... We decided it was probably best not to try that again. So, we have no tumble dryer. And - of course - it's rained ever since Thursday. *Sigh*

Good thing my parents are willing to come and fetch our laundry and get it dry for us, isn't it?

We're getting a new dryer as soon as possible, but since the cheapest will cost £200 ($400) we have to wait until we have the money (which will be the start of June). Then it takes a couple of weeks for them to actually get the dryer delivered... *Sigh*... We should have one again by the end of June though.

We'd get an indoor airer for when it's raining instead, but there's nowhere to put it where it wont be knocked over by me and will still allow the clothes to dry. I wish there was though, because I would like to be able to do that instead.

***~***

The object of six word Saturday is to describe your week (or a part of it) in just six words.

Six word Saturday is hosted by Kate. So, if you want to play along then visit her blog. Alternatively, you can post your six words in the comments section of this post.

Tori

11 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Oooh, that stinks. Sorry it needs to be replaced instead of just repaired. We've had great warm weather here for outdoor drying - but neighborhood rules won't allow it. So frustrating. I've still been known to throw a few things on the back porch from time to time.

Thanks for playing!

Melissa B. said...

Sorry you're having a bad day!

The Wife O Riley said...

I hate when things break!!! They always pick the worst time to do it too!

Try looking in the paper and see if someone is selling one cheaper.

Celticspirit said...

Sorry to hear about your dryer. We had to buy a new one when we moved into this house. Luckily we got a used one for $75. It had to be a gas one and ours was electric. Is there anyplace where you can buy one used?

Six word saturday. Here's mine.

Short day at work today, Yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Intense Guy said...

A handle on things, no more!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

Poor you tori with no drier at the moment, but good job your mam helps to get it dry for you.

MarmiteToasty said...

OH NO.... good job the summer is upon us and you can hang it all out on the line... I dont use me tumble drier now until winter.... I refuse to LOL.... so you can borrow mine if ya want :)

x

Wendyburd1 said...

That sucks! I hate air lined drying, it just makes the clothes so stiff!

Tori_z said...

Nowhere has any cheaper than where we found the £200 one (we looked). And the reason it's being replaced instead of repaired is that there are a few other issues with it so by the time we paid for repairs and replacement parts we'd have at least come close to the £200 mark... Possibly even gone over it.

Kate:
Why can't you put stuff out on the line?

Toasty:
I'd love to have been able to say that too. But I live in Wales, and it rains so much here that if we waited for dry days so we could avoid using a dryer we'd be lucky to get our washing done once a month. I mean, it's been raining non-stop since about Thursday lunch time. And the stuff I had on the line at that point (it was lovely first thing Thursday) was wetter when we went to try and dry it than when I actually put it on the line.

I think I'll borrow Mam's though, since she's a fair bit closer to me than you (she's only a few miles up the road). ;)

Wifey:
Yeah, I think there's an un written rule somewhere about it. ;)

Wendy:
That's never bothered me. But then my Mam's always used the line when it's dry enough, so I'm probably used to how clothes feel after being dried on the washing line.

LadyStyx said...

We've had so much rain here that the weeds are taking over. It barely dried out enough for hubby to weed-eat the back yard (it's too small for a mower back there). The bamboo that I'm fighting, has gotten out of hand....

So much rain, bamboo now reigns.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Great six words. Though, obviously not great that it's the case. :(