Monday, June 29, 2009

New eyes

Last Thursday (June 25th) I had my appointment to go pick up my new eyes. The appointment was for 10:00 am, and we were told to expect to be there until 11:00 am. The reason for this was that - even though the moulds were spacifically made to fit my eye sockets - there sometimes needs to be slight adjustments made. As it turned out though no adjustments had to be made, and we were out of there within about 10 minutes. And I don't have to go back for SIX whole months! YAY!!!

We had the camera with us, so Mam took this photo of me with my new eyes in. It was a good time to take it... Just after I'd recieved the great news about not needing to go back for six months. You can see for yourselves how happy I was to hear that. ;)



I did ask Eirona if we could get a photo of her too, but she didn't want one taken.

Six whole months before I have to go to hospital again! YAY!!!

Tori

13 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You look fabulous and sooooo happy!

:)

Six months! Yay!!!!

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy. *Blushes*

AliceKay said...

Yep, you look very happy, Tori, and the eyes look great...so natural looking. I'm glad things went so well. :)

Deanna said...

*does the snoopy dance all around Tori, almost tripping over Kero*
I am so darn happy for you - and you look fabulous!!!!!!!!

Guineapiglou said...

Wow you look great.
I bet your over the moon with not having to go back til 6 month's time xx

Celticspirit said...

I can't even tell that those are not your real eyes. They look amazing! I like the color too. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh (((Tori))) you are so pretty when you smile..... the new eyes are beautiful to, now you are beautiful through and through :)

can you do party tricks with them, like put them in upside down and round the wrong way lol

woooo hooo to six months..... fab news....

x

Wendyburd1 said...

I don't understand...new eyes?

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. *Blushes*

Yes, I'm over the moon about not having to go back for six months. :)

Toasty:
Yes, I can... It's a bit uncomfortable to do so though, because where they're moulded they don't feel right when turned, but I can do it if I want to.

Wendy:
I'll e-mail you, it'll be easier.

MarmiteToasty said...

I wish they could give you all different sets of eyes, some that looked like cats eyes and camel eyes LOL.... and alien eyes, you could have such fun at parties and even in ASDA with them :)

Tori I stand in awe of your strength of character.... know you are loved..

x

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
I could probably get all different eyes if I wanted, but I'm happy with just the one set.

LadyStyx said...

YAY!! 6 months. How wonderful is that news?!

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
It's the best news I've heard in a LONG time! :)