Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Catch-up for the curious (FD)

On Friday I spent part of the morning doing chores, and the rest of it sorting e-mails, blog posts, and posts on my Dad's forum for the gaming club. Actually, the blog posts sort of spilled in to the afternoon, because I stopped to walk the dogs with Wayne, and to have lunch. Anyway, I'd just started getting Kero's post sorted when my Mam asked me if I would go to Asda with her to print out photos she had taken of little Emma-Jane when she went to see her. She does also intend putting the photos up on her blog, but she was more interested in getting them printed at that particular time. For anyone interested in baby photos, I'll let you know when they're up. Anyway, I went with her, and while we waited for the photos to print we had some food. I was meant to have been eating at the same time as Kelly, Dad, Wayne and Nan, but I was having different anyway, so when Mam offered to buy me food, I figured, "why not?" And accepted the offer. Then we came home, and Mam helped me to quickly get the prep work done for dinner, since Kelly cooks on a Friday, but I always do the prep work for him, and I'd ended up out half the afternoon, so I was cutting it a bit too fine with timing, so Mam helped me so it was done quicker.


Then, after dinner was totally over with, Dad, Kelly, Wayne and I watched a movie. I wont talk about it in this post though, because I have a post set up for it already, which will be up tomorrow.


On Saturday it was POURING with rain, so Wayne flatly refused to go out for a walk with me and the dogs. I was determined to go though, so Kero and I went for a long walk together. Kero wasn't all that enthusiastic about the idea, to be honest, since he's not a big fan of water, but he soon warmed up to the idea, and trotted along with me well enough. When we got back we were SOAKED! This wasn't all to do with the amount it was raining though. No, it was also partly to do with the fact that I had taken the oppertunity to actually have a decent walk. Sure, it was raining, but we'd get wet if we had a short one, and we'd get wet if we had a long one, so why not have the long one and have done with it? I quite enjoy long walks, but Wayne always wants to just get the walk over with, so we end up taking a short one. Saturday I took a long walk though, and was out for AGES! And, yes, I did feel better for it... Despite being absolutely soaking wet!


Anyway, when we got back Kelly was worried because I'd been back so long, but Dad just turned to me and asked if I had my mobile. "Yeah," I said. "I always have it on me." To which Dad replied, "there you are then." And deciding that was the end of it, he went back to playing the Pokemon game he had been playing when I got home. LOL! Gotta love my Dad! He's always been like that. As long as you have a way to get in touch if you need to, plan on bringing yourself home (unless previously arranged) and as long as you're back by a time he gives you, and as long as he doesn't get any calls or visits from police or whatever about what you've been up to, he figures you can pretty much do as you please, and go where you please... All he asks is that you just keep inside the law, and be home in time for dinner. LOL! Kelly and Mam, on the other hand, go in to a huge panic if you're so much as two seconds late. OK, slight exageration there, but not by much. Don't get me wrong, I understand why - especially with my lack of eyesight and all - but it is a bit annoying at times. So, I decided to take a longer walk... Who cares? Ever heard of spontanious decissions? Because that's what it was... I decided while out on the walk that I wasn't ready to go home yet, so wanted to walk some more. Simple as that!


Anyway...

We had roleplaying Saturday evening. I'm getting to really enjoy those sessions, being totally honest with you. Sometimes it's really nice to just pretend to be someone else for a while.

Sunday afternoon we spent up at the hall that is now used for the gaming club. There's a figure game I love to play which Gareth hadn't played yet and wanted to, so we had a game of that, then Kelly, Gareth and I played a three-way game of it. It's called Classic Battle Tech and it's one of the few figure gaming systems I enjoy playing. Anyway, we played that while Julian and Phil R (another family friend is also called Phil, hence the R on the end) played Warhammer 40K, which is a game I do not enjoy, because it takes longer to set up than play... To put it in to perspective, we had a game of BattleTech, I did a write-up for it ready to post on Dad's forum, we had another game, I did the write-up for that, and then - and only then - did Julian and Phil R's game finish! But, anyway, guess what? I won both games of BattleTech! :)

Then, in the evening, we had more roleplaying.

Monday (yesterday) I got very wet walking the dogs again. This time I managed to persuade Wayne to come with me though, so I wasn't as wet as I might have been, since we had a really short walk. I think Wayne likes water even less than Kero does. No, that's cruel! But, he does seem to think people can't go outside if it's raining for some reason.


Anyway, I spent most of the rest of the day doing the write-ups for our roleplaying sessions, and posting all the write-ups on Dad's forum. Then I typed up a couple of the recipes from my microwave cook book, which I put up on my recipe blog today, if you want to have a look.


Then, this morning, I went to see little Emma-Jane with Mam. She's SO cute! I had a nice long cuddle with her, and didn't want to give her back. I jokingly asked her how far she thought I could get with her before her Mami noticed she was missing. I'd never really do something like that, so don't worry, but I really did wish I didn't have to hand her back and go home. It's times like that I wish even more that I had one of my own. *Sigh*... One day!

When we got home, I dragged Wayne out for a walk with me and the dogs, then I cleaned out the fridge. I mean, properly cleared it out. You know how you end up with a couple of items you've somehow had in there for so long that they have expiration dates going back about two years? Well, all those things are gone! I also removed every item and shelf from the fridge and gave it a thorough cleaning. Why? Because I went in the fridge to get a yoghurt for my Mam, and some of her yoghurts were out of date, so I started bringing her and Dad stuff to check the dates on, and it just spiraled from there.

After that I came upstairs and checked on e-mails, forum posts, and blog posts. And here I am now. It's almost 5:00 pm, and dinner's almost ready though, so I better get this published.

So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Busy, busy, busy. :)

It must have been pretty warm over there if you were out walking in the rain and didn't catch a cold. It's raining here today, but it's cold and foggy. Snow showers are in the forecast for tonight, tomorrow and the next day. It was 73F on Sunday, but now we're back to normal temps and weather for this time of year.

I'm glad you're enjoying the role playing games. It sounds like a good way to pass the time. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
More than anything it's the fact I'm used to all the rain. I know the routine: "wear wellies and your most waterproof coat to go out, get in to dry things as soon as you get home." You get plenty of practice with wet weather here in Wales. As for warm... No, it wasn't really warm. Even on the nice days it hasn't been all that warm. I'm just used to getting soaked. I always used to take Kero out in any weather... Sun, rain, snow, sleet, hail... It doesn't matter.

If you use wet weather as an excuse around here, you'll never get anything done!

Deanna said...

What an interesting post. I understand wher you are coming from about not liking it when people worry when you are not on the schedule they set for you in their mind. My mom was a worrier to the extreme. I remember when I was a little girl, if dad was 5 minutes late coming home from work. she would panic.

You are certainly keeping busy. I would have gone on that long walk with you. I actually love walking in the rain.

Deanna

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Well, you'd have been welcome to join me. :)

Intense Guy said...

Emma-Jane sounds like a cutey pie! And yeah, fresh yogert is always better than expired yogert... LOL!

Now, I hope you didn't go checking anything that was green and moldy... just a scent test does it there... no need for visuals or touchy feelies.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, she's a cutie!

Don't worry... I left all tests and examinations to Mam and Dad. ;)