Thursday, March 25, 2010

Three appointments and a take-away (FD)

Yeah, I know, I haven't done a post this late in a while, have I? Well, it's because I've been quite busy today. I spent the entire day at the hospital. Don't worry though, it wasn't just because of me. It was also for Nan and Wayne.

Nan had an eye appointment at 10:30 am, at the same hospital I go to for my blood tests. Because of this we planned for both to be done today, that way we would avoid having to go to the same hospital twice in one week. Wayne then had an appointment to do with his ears that was made for him for the same hospital for 1:30 pm today. So, we planned to do Nan's appointment, Sort my blood test, then go for lunch, then go to Wayne's appointment. At least, that's what Mam and Nan thought we could do.

Me: "That wont work."
Mam: "Why not?"
Me: "Nan's is an eye appointment!"
Nan: "What's that got to do with it?"
Me: "I know about times for those things. It will be gone 12 - possibly getting close to 1 - before we're done with your appointment."
Nan: "No, my appointment is 10:30!"
Me: "Trust me!"

Guess what? It was about 12:20 pm when we left the eye department. This meant that it was lucky that the blood clinic is one of those "grab a number" type places, because it was about 12:30 pm when we got there, and about 1:00 pm when we left there. Meaning, we did not - as I had predicted - have time for lunch before Wayne's ear appointment at 1:30 pm.

So, instead, we went for something to eat after Wayne's appointment.

For anyone interested:

Nan has some scarring on her retinas, but they think it's just general wear and tear that you get as you get older. She is, after all, 82 years old now (she was 82 in January).

My test results will take 10 to 14 days to be available to me, unless my iron level has dropped drastically, in which case the doctor will be phoning me in the next couple of days. I expect it will be down a bit though, because the... Erm... Thing the doctor suspects is causing it is currently an issue, if you know what I mean (and, if you don't know what I mean... Tough! I refuse to say it plainer than that on my blog... Or even by e-mail,!)

Wayne is going to be sent an appointment for a hearing test, since it may be possible his hearing - which has never been even close to being all that good - is starting to get a bit worse.

Anyway...

Nan, Mam and Wayne wanted KFC, but I, obviously, did not. There's a Subway right by the KFC though, so I had one of their salad subs, and we ate out by the car because of getting from two different places. I did originally plan to take a packed lunch with me, but Nan - who was paying - insisted on buying lunch for me, even if it meant going elsewhere for the food. So, I gave in. I mean, who am I to turn down a free lunch of my choice? Especially when the person in question wants so badly to buy it that she actually spent three days trying to persuade me not to take a packed lunch, and to let her buy for me. Yeah, it took me that long to give in... What? I'm stubbourn! Didn't you know that? LOL!

So... By the time all the appointments were over, and then we'd eaten, it was gone 3:00 pm. Then we had to get home, I had to sort a few things after I got home (like laundry, feeding the dogs, etc). And then I finally got to the laptop, sorted e-mails, sorted posts on my Dad's forum, and sorted the blogs. And now? Now I want some supper, a milky drink, and my bed!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

7 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

What, you have a problem as a vegetarian, eating at KFC? LOL!

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday. It's inconvenient waiting so long for doctors appointments. It's worse when you have to take off work for them and end up sitting in waiting rooms forever. Your Nan does well for being 82 years old. :)

I hope your iron level is under control. And no need to explain further on that other part. I think I understand. ;)

Terri's hearing isn't what it should be. He works around very noisy equipment all day long and doesn't wear ear protectors as much as he should. It's hard to do that when you need to hear what others are saying around you at the same time. Good luck to Wayne.

It time for me to get ready for work. We have a little snow on the ground this morning. It was 73F on Sunday but will only be in the 30sF today. :\

I hope you're having a good Friday.

Toriz said...

Wendy:
LOL! ;)


AK:
Luckily I didn't have to worry about the work thing. It is annoying wasting your whole day for appointments that take a few minutes each though.


Will let you know about the iron level when I know.

Yeah, Nan's had both hips replaced, and I swear she could open a pharmacy with all the things she takes for different things. But she's doing well. She goes to town twice a week (sometimes more), and I don't know what those new hips were made of, but man can she move on them! I have trouble keeping up sometimes. ;)

Wayne's hearing problem has been all his life. I'm pretty sure it is getting worse now though.

Deanna said...

What a day! I'd have been totally worn out after spending my day at Dr. appointments.

A veggie sub sounds really good.

Hope your blood test comes back ok even with the errrrr current situation!

Intense Guy said...

I hate waiting for just my own appointments let alone someone elses!!

You've got a ton of patience!

I hope your blood test shows good numbers and that the problem isn't causing problems.

*Hugs*

Toriz said...

The blood test can't be too bad, no call from the doctor!


Iggy:
Yep, I am quite patient. You kind of get used to hospital trips, and I'd waited that long for appointments of my own before, so it wasn't really anything especially new to me.

LadyStyx said...

If it's what Im thinking, then yeah... um that would affect the iron levels in the blood ;).