Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monsters and machines

Sorry for my slackness in replying to comments and commenting on posts. I'm not a very good blogger lately. :(


My time has been wrapped up in activities such as learning the rules for games, playing said games, and discussing said games. Seriously, that's all my days seem to really consist of at the moment. OK, there are the usual things... Walking the dogs, going shopping with Mam, watching movies, listening to audiobooks, etc... But I'm sure you know what I mean.

So, anyway, we've moved on from Julian's roleplaying game to Gareth's one. Gareth's doing Star Wars, so I'm going to be a Wookie! I'm actually quite excited about that! Yay for wookies!

On Sunday we tried out a couple of new - well, new to us - figure gaming systems. One is "Monsterpocalypse" the other is "Warmachine". Monsterpocalypse is basically the monsters from movies like Godzilla, as a tabletop game. Warmachine is a bit more difficult to explain, but involves a Spellcaster who mentally controls robot things, and uses his mental abilities (called focus points) to improve their abilities and/or defences. Both games seem to have been a hit with at least a couple of the club members, half of whom now have - or plan to get - a Monsterpocalypse army, and most of whom have - or plan to get - a Warmachine army.


None of this is probably of any interest at all to half of the people who read my blog, but there you go! Hopefully I'll have something of more interest to you to post about soon!

I hope you are happy and healthy, and that you are having - or have had - a great day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I happen to think you would make a great wookie!

AliceKay said...

LOL @ Iggy.

I'm glad you're enjoying the role playing and the games, Tori. Have fun at your next session.

We're having nasty weather today. Right now it's a sleet/rain/snow mix...mostly sleet. Lots of ice out there now. :( And windy! Gonna go draw out a couple buckets of water in case our power goes out. (i hope it doesn't)

*hugs*

Deanna said...

If it is making you happy, then it is of interst to me!

I agree with Iggy, you'd make a good wookie.

Deanna

Wendyburd1 said...

But I DO love wookies!!

Toriz said...

I'm hoping that's a compliment? ;)

AK:
We had weather like that today (Wednesday).

Deanna:
That's OK then. :)

Wendy:
Good call! :)

LadyStyx said...

See, now I woulda went with an albino Ewok or something similar so my fur matched Kero's ;)