Thursday, March 11, 2010

Goldilocks and the three bears

I'm sure you're all familiar with the story of Goldilocks and the three bears. You know?

The little girl gets lost in the woods, finds the home of the three bears, eats the porridge/oatmeal they had left cooling while they went for a walk (well, she eats baby bear's anyway), breaks baby bear's chair, and wakes up in baby bear's bed to find the three bears standing there looking at her.

Did you know there was more to the story though? I bet you didn't, because I only found out recently that there was more to it. So, for those of you who have been deprived of the ending, here's how it goes:


Goldilocks runs out of the three bears' house screaming. She manages to find her mother, who asks her where she was and what's wrong. Goldilocks tells her mother about the bears, and her mother marches her straight back to their house to make her apologise for stealing their food, damaging their property, and generally breaking and entering.


And how do I know that this is how the story goes? Well, I heard it on the radio recently. Apparently they had to add that bit to the ending to show children that Goldilocks' behaviour was wrong.


Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Nothing like a bit of meddling and political correctness to mess with a story that is - gosh... it must be (goes and googles) wow.. it was written around 1837!! so its over 170 years old now.

AliceKay said...

Hmmm....I didn't know that. Strange. :\

Wendyburd1 said...

Okay, this is all my fault I admit it. But people are thinking I am no longer reading them and so I don't want them to read ME and COMMENT, and I DO! I AM still reading you and I will start commenting again I promise!

I got into a bad rhythm when I started having so much computer problems, I started not commenting thinking most my comments were probably lame and not wanted, but i see that was a mistake and want to rectify that NOW. I am going to get back to my Comment-Whoring ways...that is Kristina's phrase remember that, LOL, and so come back to me my friends, I NEVER left you, I just got way too comfy with Google Reader and read you there!! I LOVE my bloggy friends!!

I liked Penelope!! LOL!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
WOW! Is it that old? I knew it was old, but... WOW!


Wendy:
No, no, it's not you. I just haven't been around in general. It's nothing personal, honest!

LadyStyx said...

I'm with iggy on this one!

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Yeah, quite... I mean, there was nothing wrong with how it was before!