Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cooking and crafting (FD)

I've made some more things recently, and I thought I would share them. So...

Here's some more bread I've made...



I've also made a LOT of holiday cards, and a few presents for people. I wont tell you who the things are for - in case the people read this - but here they are:

First, the cards I made.

Cards with stars, trees, bells and angels on them:





Cards with baubles and presents on them:


Cards with candy canes on them:



And several cards with snowmen and snowflakes on them:






Then a couple of birthday cards I made for birthdays that are coming up soon.

A farm animal themed card:


And cards with dogs and tigers on them:


Then there's this pillow I made.

On one side it's snowflake shaped flowers:


On the other side it's plain green:


I stuffed it with a mixture of stuffing and the lavender I had left from the lavender pillows we made at Litha (which still smelled beautiful, by the way). So, basically it's a lavender pillow, only it's a lot bigger than the ones we made at Litha. I figured it would make a nice sleep aid for the person I made it for.

And two tiger keyrings I made:


And, finally, something I am willing to tell you who it's for...

I made this little bauble for my Mam:


I've made her a little holiday ornament each year for the past few years, and I think she likes it, so figured I'd make the little bauble for her this year. I filled it with herbs - not that it took many to do so, since it's not very big - to give it a nice holiday smell, so it's a sort of herb sachet and bauble in one.

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

I thought I smelled bread baking. *winks*

Wow, you have been very busy! The cards are really cute. So are the tiger key rings. :)

And before I hit "publish", I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday. I hope the coming year is the best one yet! *big hugs*

Rita said...

You've been a busy beaver! Goodness! A ton of cards, bread, pillow, and other assorted goodies. Wow! Nice! It looks like you are really going to be prepared for Christmas. :)
I hope you are sleeping well and feeling okay. *hugs*

Celticspirit said...

Wow that bread looks amazing. You are becoming an accomplished baker! Good for you. The cards look great and the other things too. Way to go Tori!

Diandra said...

You've been pretty busy! We still have got to have our cards printed and shipped (pictures of our cats and some funny/weird things from my mind), but at least I made some bread today, too. Baking is really soothing for me.

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks; and thanks for the birthday wishes and e-card too! *Hugs*

Rita:
Thanks. Yes, I'm feeling a bit better, and I got a nice bit of sleep; 6 hours last night, and another 2 earlier this evening. :)

Barb:
Thanks; and if how Kelly is happily gobbling the food down is anything to go by, it turns out I'm a pretty good cook. ;)

Diandra:
Thanks! :)

There's plenty of time; I only have the cards made already because I need to post things out in a couple of weeks to make sure they get to people, and card making is one of the few things I can do when I get sick like I did, LOL!

Magaly Guerrero said...

You are so awesome that you make things for others on your birthday, how amazing is that? I hope you had fun today. I spent the day outlining a few short stories *wink, wink* and packing some thing things to mail to friends. And speaking of packing and mailing to friends... please email me your address. I have a little something for you ;-)

Happy Birthday!

P.S. I love your mom's bauble and sachet in one!

That corgi :) said...

I like all the cards you made, Tori! So festive! Between the crafts and the baking, you've been busy! I'm sure your mom will like that bauble!

betty

Toriz said...

Mags:
Thanks! :)

Yes, I spent my birthday working on crafts and catching up on blogs. I did one thing for myself though... Had a nap! ;)

E-Mail sent! :)

Betty:
Thanks! :)

Intense Guy said...

That bread looks super yummy! I could almost smell it in the picture!!

Your cards looks great - and that bauble you made for your mom is sweet - I bet it smells almost as good as the bread!

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thanks; yes, it smells really nice! :)