Friday, November 25, 2011

Prisoner of the Daleks

By Trevor Baxendale

"Prisoner of the Daleks was the twenty-seventh Tenth Doctor novel to be released."

"The Daleks are advancing, their empire constantly expanding in to Earth's space. The Earth forces are resisting the Daleks in every way they can. But the battles rage on across countless solar systems. And now the future of our galaxy hangs in the balance... The Doctor finds himself stranded on board a starship near the front line with a group of ruthless bounty hunters.

Earth Command will pay them for every Dalek they kill, every eye stalk they bring back as proof. With the Doctor's help, the bounty hunters achieve the ultimate prize: a Dalek prisoner - intact, powerless, and ready for interrogation. But where the Daleks are involved, nothing is what it seems, and no one is safe. Before long the tables will be turned, and how will the Doctor survive when he becomes a prisoner of the Daleks?"

(Above text taken from here... WARNING: Link contains spoilers!)

A great book; one I highly recommend... Especially if you're a fan of Doctor Who (in particular the tenth doctor), or if you just enjoy these kinds of books in general.

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Interesting plot! Good review of it; I tend to shy away from science fiction but it does sound like a good book!

betty

Deanna said...

You definitely make this book sound interesting. Hope you are doing well!

Intense Guy said...

Hmm.. I think I will resolve to read the twenty seven other books next year - in order.

:)

Toriz said...

Betty:
I'll read most things, and I think I've been reading a lot more sci-fi books lately. I used to think I didn't like them that much, but a couple of really good ones (like this one) have gotten me hooked. My brother asked me the other day what kinds of books I read, I said, "anything that stays still long enough and comes in a format that's accessable to me." ;)

Deanna:
Then I guess I did a good job reviewing it. :)

Iggy:
That makes two of us then, since I haven't read the others either, LOL!