As you can see from this post, I was recently given an award by Stephanie.
Thank you Stephanie! :)
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 7 recently discovered and deserving blogs.
I already did the first one, but... THANK YOU AGAIN STEPHANIE! ;)
As for the second part... Let's see...
1. It took me getting nasty blisters on my feet that wont heal to persuade me to buy a decent pair of shoes. Why? Because proper walking shoes are heavy, and I HATE having anything on my feet, so heavy shoes aren't my idea of a nice pair of shoes. However, the soreness of the places where my feet wont heal (due to being made sore again faster than the old blisters can heal) have finally made me admit defeat and get some "proper" walking boots. These ones:
I did buy some walking shoes earlier in the year, but they didn't fit, and I only got a relatively lightweight pair of shoes to replace them, which - judging by the state of my feet - wasn't a good idea. But now I have some "proper" walking boots.
2. Despite my favourite colour being purple, my favourite flowers are yellow ones. Yellow roses spacifically, but I always loved yellow flowers in general. That's why Kelly chose this particular boquet of flowers when he decided to get me some flowers Friday:
OK, so I can't see the colours any more, but I can still like them!
3. This one is more for the benifit of new followers; I have congenital Glaucoma, which has caused me to lose my sight. I had my left eye out in the September of 2000, and the right one out in the July of 2008.
4. Despite having a dog - who I love very much - my favourite animal is a cat. Any kind of cat will do, though I'd love to have a pet lion... That or a blue point Siamese. I think I have more chance with the Siamese, LOL! When I grow up - which I don't want to do just yet - I want to be one of those little old ladies who all the local children come to because I hand out cookies and let them play with all my cats.
5. I've had issues with meat since I learned where it came from (when I was about 6; my brother showed me a dead pig in a butcher's shop) but I only became fully vegetarian a couple of years ago; it took me nearly 20 years to do it. I've not been able to go in butcher shops since I saw the dead pig though, it was only the eating of the meat that took me a while to stick to avoiding. But then I found vegetarian hot dogs, so now I'm not tempted by the meat kind, LOL!
6. I talk to inanimate objects; even apologizing to them when I walk in to them. I once lost an argument with a teddybear. I really did! I kept telling it to stay on the shelf, it kept jumping back down. In the end I gave up and put it somewhere else (where it stayed first time). I guess it didn't like the shelf I chose for it?
7. I hate housework, but like it when my place looks nice and tidy. I know this is probably the case for most people, but I couldn't think of a number seven. LOL!
And now for the people who will be receiving the award from me (in no particular order):
1. Magaly of Pagan Culture
2. Parsley of Seasons Of My Mind
3. Susan of Pieces Of Fate
4. Anna of Frosted Petunias
5. Betty of A Corgi In Southern California
6. Serita of A College Girl's Days
7. Serena of Art By Serena Lewis
Some of those may not be new to you, but they are to me (all ones I found in the last few months). And I think they deserve the award; hence giving it to them! ;)