Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award from Stephanie (FD)

As you can see from this post, I was recently given an award by Stephanie.



Thank you Stephanie! :)

The rules for this award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 7 recently discovered and deserving blogs.

I already did the first one, but... THANK YOU AGAIN STEPHANIE! ;)

As for the second part... Let's see...

1. It took me getting nasty blisters on my feet that wont heal to persuade me to buy a decent pair of shoes. Why? Because proper walking shoes are heavy, and I HATE having anything on my feet, so heavy shoes aren't my idea of a nice pair of shoes. However, the soreness of the places where my feet wont heal (due to being made sore again faster than the old blisters can heal) have finally made me admit defeat and get some "proper" walking boots. These ones:




I did buy some walking shoes earlier in the year, but they didn't fit, and I only got a relatively lightweight pair of shoes to replace them, which - judging by the state of my feet - wasn't a good idea. But now I have some "proper" walking boots.

2. Despite my favourite colour being purple, my favourite flowers are yellow ones. Yellow roses spacifically, but I always loved yellow flowers in general. That's why Kelly chose this particular boquet of flowers when he decided to get me some flowers Friday:




OK, so I can't see the colours any more, but I can still like them!

3. This one is more for the benifit of new followers; I have congenital Glaucoma, which has caused me to lose my sight. I had my left eye out in the September of 2000, and the right one out in the July of 2008.

4. Despite having a dog - who I love very much - my favourite animal is a cat. Any kind of cat will do, though I'd love to have a pet lion... That or a blue point Siamese. I think I have more chance with the Siamese, LOL! When I grow up - which I don't want to do just yet - I want to be one of those little old ladies who all the local children come to because I hand out cookies and let them play with all my cats.

5. I've had issues with meat since I learned where it came from (when I was about 6; my brother showed me a dead pig in a butcher's shop) but I only became fully vegetarian a couple of years ago; it took me nearly 20 years to do it. I've not been able to go in butcher shops since I saw the dead pig though, it was only the eating of the meat that took me a while to stick to avoiding. But then I found vegetarian hot dogs, so now I'm not tempted by the meat kind, LOL!

6. I talk to inanimate objects; even apologizing to them when I walk in to them. I once lost an argument with a teddybear. I really did! I kept telling it to stay on the shelf, it kept jumping back down. In the end I gave up and put it somewhere else (where it stayed first time). I guess it didn't like the shelf I chose for it?

7. I hate housework, but like it when my place looks nice and tidy. I know this is probably the case for most people, but I couldn't think of a number seven. LOL!

And now for the people who will be receiving the award from me (in no particular order):

1. Magaly of Pagan Culture
2. Parsley of Seasons Of My Mind
3. Susan of Pieces Of Fate
4. Anna of Frosted Petunias
5. Betty of A Corgi In Southern California
6. Serita of A College Girl's Days
7. Serena of Art By Serena Lewis

Some of those may not be new to you, but they are to me (all ones I found in the last few months). And I think they deserve the award; hence giving it to them! ;)

16 comments:

Rita said...

Congrats on your award. I love to read what people put down about themselves. I knew some of them, but not all.

I talk to inanimate objects, too. Always have. ;)

Parsley said...

Congrats on the award and THANK YOU for mentioning me! I enjoyed getting to know you better.

Deanna said...

It is ok to talk to inanimate objects as long as they don't talk back. That teddy bear came mighty close, though lol.

Interesting things about you - some of which I already knew.

Congrats to the bloggy love winnters!!

Magaly Guerrero said...

My car and I are always arguing. He wins most of the time. The last altercation had to do with the fact that he really wants a bath *sigh*

I loved your "OK, so I can't see the colours any more, but I can still like them!" bit. It is just too cute.

I'm not into buying expensive things; never have been. But, my dear, when it comes too shoes I running/walking shoes I don't mind. My feet, knees and hips are usually grateful.

Congrats on getting the award, and a million thanks for nominating me. I shall display it proudly very soon!

ChicagoLady said...

Very pretty bouquet Kelly got you. Congratulations on your award.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks; and, do any of them answer you? ;)

Parsley:
Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

Deanna:
They aren't meant to talk back? Uh-oh! ;)

Yeah, that's why it was so hard; trying to find things that at least would mostly be news to my readers; didn't want to have those of you who've known me for ages feeling like you could have saved yourself the time it took to read the post, after all! ;)

Magaly:
You need to listen to cars; they can be mean when ignored!

Well, it's true (about the colours, I mean). ;)

Yeah, I'm sure mine will be pleased I gave in and brought some good shoes this time...

Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

Chicago:
Thank you! :)

Rita said...

No, but I can sometimes sense what they might have said...like when I talk to my cars and other mechanical devices--and sometimes it is not pretty--LOL! ;)

Susan said...

Thank you Tori!!
Why blisters...do you walk around Barefoot a lot?
Your poor feet! I think they need an award :)
Hugs,
Susan

Toriz said...

Rita:
Then you're saner than I am. LOL! ;)

Susan:
I do, but that never gave me blisters before. The thing is though that I used to wear just any shoe I could get cheap that was light weight. That was fine when I only wore them briefly and wasn't walking much, but now that I'm walking more my shoes are rubbing and my feet are suffering.

That corgi :) said...

Congrats for the award and that was so sweet of you to pass it my way, Thank you so much! Those shoes look like they are going to be great for walking and keeping your feet in proper working order! LOL about liking cats and having a dog, we won't tell Kero that!

Pretty flowers you got; I bet they smell good!

We have several inanimate objects that we carry conversations on with; I truly think it has safed our marriage at times, we sort of argue through them rather than ourselves; it does seem to work, I think :)

thanks again!

betty

AliceKay said...

Congrats on the award. I agree, you're a very versatile blogger. :)

Very pretty flower arrangement. (go, Kelly!) :)

Toriz said...

Betty:
Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

Yeah, the shoes are pretty sturdy; careful though, they kick if you get too close when they're left unattended! ;)

Yeah, don't tell Kero... Wouldn't want to upset him. I love him and wouldn't trade him for anything, but I still miss having cats, and cats are still my favourite animal!

Good idea; I think it probably helps to calm people down so arguments don't end up more heated than necessary.

You're welcome again, LOL!

AK:
Thanks! :)

Intense Guy said...

Congrats on the well deserved award!!!

I like those flowers too!! and the boots (swoons!)

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)

The Coexist Cafe said...

Hooray! :) I loved reading all these about you!

Isn't it funny about hot dogs? They are literally the bottom of the meat barrel, but they're addictive. I used to have them on college campus when I first started dating Matt and went omni for a year or so; those were AWESOME. Going to veg dogs, though (and other meat alternatives), makes being veg so much easier. :)

Did you have your eyes out because they were damaged, or because of something else? I've actually always been curious, but never brave enough to ask!

I want a kitty, too, but I'm allergic. To all fuzzy things, actually, so no pets for me!

And finally, you'd be proud... a shopping cart (buggy?) stopped in the middle of the road before hitting a car when I asked it to. Yay, talking to inanimate objects! ;)

You deserve this award, Tori, and thank you again for sharing all this with us!

Toriz said...

Stephanie:
Glad you enjoyed the post; sorry it took so long to get up... So much to say, and I don't want to give people too many posts to read each day, LOL!

Absolutely, and where we've moved to things are much more readily available (there's even a cafe down the road that serves a vegetarian breakfast).

I have Congenital Glaucoma, and when you have Glaucoma from birth the damage it does to your eyes is usually not reversable, because it happens during growth in the womb. My sight went - first in one eye, then the other - and it got to the point where all I could see was light, and I was in serious pain. There's nothing they can do these days to reverse the damage (Glaucoma basically suffocates the nerves at the back of the eye) so I was left with the option of having my eye out and being pain free, or leaving the eye in and being in serious pain while I hoped "maybe" some miracle "might" come along to reverse the damage. I'd had enough of pain, so I went with the option of being pain free. Both times it was my choice; my left eye had been in serious pain for a while, but with how close I was to being old enough to make the decission myself they left it a little longer so I could make the decission.

Shame about the allergies; have you thought of having one of those hairless kitties?

YAY for talking to inanimate objects, and good shopping cart for listening! :)

Thank you again for the award! :)