Saturday, November 19, 2011

Get Off Your Broom Update (FD)

Time for my "Get Off Your Broom" update:

So, how has my week been? Well...

I did have two take-aways and food out at the start of the week to celebrate my birthday, but the rest of the week I was eating proper home cooked meals. Yesterday, for example, I had stir fry vegetables with tofu in a lemon and ginger sauce, served with a baked potato; all of it made from scratch by me at home.

My drinking is... Well, it's "OK"... Not great, but OK. I'm probably drinking about 4 to 5 pints of liquid, 2 or 3 pints of which is "technically" water (herbal tea, but that's basically just water with herbs in it for flavouring; I don't even put sugar in it any more). Some days I'll drink more... I think I may have even made it to the 8 pints the other day! Considering how little I was drinking before even an average of 4 to 5 pints a day is pretty good for me though.

Due to still not feeling too great, and being exhausted just doing what I need to for food preparation, etc, I haven't done much in the way of exercise though. Kelly's been walking Kero for me most of the time, and I only managed to get up the energy to get the yoga mat out once. I hate that I feel so lousy and haven't been able to go on the walks. I'm not quite so bothered about the yoga, but I love to be outside, and it's frustrating barely having the energy to make it through the day, so being too exhausted to walk far enough to make it worthwhile me going with Kelly and Kero. It wouldn't be so bad if I could turn back after a bit and take myself home while they carry on, but I can't do that yet, so it's not fair on them for me to go while I'm feeling this drained; it's not fair to make them cut their walk short.

No change to weight and measurements, so I guess things balanced themselves out enough that at least I didn't put anything on, which is the main thing, right?

Anyway, visit Serenity and the rest of the Get Off Your Broom participents to see how they did this past week.

NOTE: Serenity's website has changed from "http://www.thedomesticpagan.com" to "http://www.thedomesticpagan.net" recently, so if you haven't yet changed your links to the "dot net" address then you'll want to do so in order to continue visiting her.

11 comments:

The Village Witch said...

Just popping in from The Village Witch to say thanks for joining the Yule Magic Blog Party! Your link is now up on our website :)

AliceKay said...

I think you did great for the week since you're aren't feeling the best and you were also celebrating a birthday. I hope you feel better very soon. *hugs*

Sunshineshelle said...

Hey Tori, I came via Magaly's post & congrats on having a birthday week & not putting on weight!!! Mine was end of October & I think the bubbly was like drinking glasses full of sugar & calories... mmm better start doing some exercise in time to partake in a few Christmas (over) indulgences otherwise I'll need a new pair of jeans, & I definitely HATE clothes shopping much rather spend money in a book or art supplies shop ;)

That corgi :) said...

Good for you for increasing your fluids and not adding sugar to the tea! That's a great accomplishment! Considering the fact it was your birthday week celebration and you weren't feeling good to exercise, I think it was all in all a good week that you didn't gain and stayed the same!

betty

Toriz said...

Village Witch:
Thanks for stopping by; and you're welcome... Looking forward to the party! :)

AK:
Thanks! *Hugs*

Sunshineshelle:
Thanks for stopping by! :)

Yeah, you and me both; I can spend hours browsing books and such, but I barely get in a clothes shop before I want out. No... Wait... I don't even get in there before I want out. LOL!

Betty:
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I used to have about 3 sugars in the teas (even though many of them - in fact, most of them - are naturally sweet. Now I don't have any sugar in them at all. :)

Rita said...

I think it's great that, despite feeling lousy and not going for walkies, you didn't gain anything--tada! I really hope you feel better soon. Eating all that healthy food and getting rest will do its magic eventually, right? Glad you are drinking more fluids. Hugs!! :):)

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods* Absolutely; couldn't agree more! :)

Intense Guy said...

I hope you are feeling up to walkies sooooooon!!!

*Hugs*

Toriz said...

Iggy:
So do I; and thanks! *Hugs*

Deanna said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Tori!!!!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna! *Hugs*