Monday, November 21, 2011

Mobility and parties

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better... YAY!

I miss outside...

We went to lunch at "The Love Cafe" yesterday, and - since we were early - I got to go down by the ocean for a bit, which was nice. I'm looking forward to when I can go whenever I want to though; once I've had my mobility lessons so I can be sure I know the way there and back. The way back is the hard part; the ocean is easier to find than our gate (which I'm sure you're not surprised to hear, LOL!)

I have a mobility officer coming a week tomorrow - so on Tuesday November 29th - apparently around here your "rehabilitation officer" and "mobility officer" are two diffferent people. So on November 29th I meet the actual mobility officer; it's taken this long because she was on holiday... Mobility officers go on a lot of holidays! Mind you, with how I've been feeling it's a good thing in a way, because I wouldn't have been up for having a mobility lesson last week, that's for sure!

I'll be glad when I finally get my mobility lessons and can start learning to take myself out around here; I miss being able to take Kero for a walk by myself, and I'm longing to be able to wander down to the park - or down to the ocean - with just Kero so we can stay there for as long as we want to.

***

I've joined a couple of Yuletide blog parties that are happening next month. If you're interested, click on the buttons below to check them out:





8 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

That sounds absolutely lovely. I can't wait to hear of the adventures you and Kero will have. I hope the Mobility Officer is a lovely person, and you guys have a great time at learning how to get around.

Rita said...

I hope you have a smart, kind mobility officer and that you'll be able to go on walkies alone with Kero really soon! She might have an idea of what to put on your gate so you can find you place easier, I hope.

So glad you are finally feeling better. Have fun with your blog parties in December. :)

Deanna said...

Will one mobility lesson be enough? I'm glad your mobility office will be coming soon and you will be able to start motoring on your own!

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!! Hoooray!!!!

Hmm... that gate must be in co-hoots with that sneaky bus that ran you down... playing hard to find.

Its not the same thing - but I misplaced my cell phone this weekend - and my dad was around - so he called it so we could find it... maybe your gate will be the first one in the world to have its own cell phone...

spacegirl60 said...

Hi Tori,
I thought I should let you know I've been reading your blog for a while now. Does that make me a stalker? Not sure. I found you through Deanna's blog (and Iggy's too). I think you are a great inspiration. I enjoy seeing pictures of your cards, your new home and your sweet puppy, Kero.

I just recently put a new tag on my dog Shaggy because the previous one wore out. He doesn't like all of his jewelry around his neck because then he can't sneak up on our cats and surprise them like they do to him.

I am on Facebook also. If you would like to add me my name is Arlene Schwartz (aka spacegirl).

Keep up the good writing!
Arlene

That corgi :) said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better, Tori! Your mobility lessons sound interesting! Good luck with them!

betty

AliceKay said...

I'm glad to hear you're finally feeling better. You were beginning to worry me.

I hope the mobility officer is a nice person and will teach you how to get around by yourself without too much trouble. Independence is a wonderful thing. I'm sure you'll enjoy walking Kero on your own and in your own time. Good luck!

Toriz said...

Mags:
Thanks; I hope so too! :)

Rita:
Thanks; yes, she might... You never know!

Deanna:
*Shakes head* No, one probably wont be enough. But once the lessons start they tend to be on a regular basis as a rule, so once I get a lesson I know I'm getting closer to being able to take myself out.

Iggy:
Yes, that must be it; I wonder what else around here is playing hard to find like the bus and gate!

*Chuckles about the phone*

Arlene:
As long as you only stalk me online, that's fine, LOL! Anyway, welcome! :)

LOL @ Shaggy! I bet the cats prefer him wearing his tags though! ;)

Betty:
Thanks! :)

AK:
Thanks; and thanks for being concerned! *Hugs*