Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Updates

When I fell asleep on Friday night the TV was on since I was watching CSI - as I've already mentioned - and some medical show was on. Anyway, I don't know what it was called and wasn't really watching it since I was trying to go back to sleep, but one conversation between an elderly man and one of the nurses caught my attention and tickled my funny bone. So, I thought I'd tell you about it. The conversation went something like this:

Nurse: "You don't look 96, more like 66"
Man: "Thank you!"
Nurse: "So, how do you manage to live to be 96?"
Man: "Well, that's easy. I just kept breathing. I've found it works really well."

LOL!

Anyway, back to this week...

I got weighed again yesterday (Monday) and I lost another pound. Only the one this week, but I'm not surprised really since Jo made me a full roast dinner on Sunday and I had sausages with Daniel on Saturday. But, at least I lost something, right?

Took Shireen swimming with my Mam yesterday. And let me tell you we wont be taking her again in a hurry. She's a good kid and all that. But, it's a lot of money to spend just for her to stand by the side of the pool playing with the floats and refusing to do anything else. I understand if she can't swim and all that. I mean, she is only seven years old. But, she's not interested in learning and since the whole idea of us taking her was to teach her to swim then it's a waste of time and money when she refuses to so much as entertain the idea. Shame though.

Anyway, that'll have to do for now.

Tori

1 comment:

Kerry said...

kids are the funniest thing... the next time she could just very well spend the whole time in the pool and again another time want no part of it........ where were our heads when we were that age?

still laughin over the conversation from the telly