I learned from my brother, Carl, today that a company named 64 oz. Games are making gaming more accessable to visually impaired gamers, like Carl and myself.
Initially it was just dice, but they hope in the future to make tabletop games more accessable.
To learn more, and/or to offer support - either through helping them fund it, or just by spreading the word - go here.
Whether you pledge anything or not, please help me spread the word, because it's awesome news!
6 comments:
That's a fantastic idea! Whoohoo!! So glad to hear that. :)
Rita:
Yeah, it's great that someone is doing it. That's why I'm hoping people will at least help to spread the word. Well, and the fact that doing so increases the chance of Twitter follows and Facebook likes for them, and follows and likes will encourage them to do more.
Fascinating and long overdue! I will indeed pass this one along to folks I know involved in the (dis)ability community.
Jeanie:
Thanks... Very much appreciated! :)
That's really cool!!
Besides Dice, are there other game related things that would help?
I'm thinking Monopoly - that would be impossible to play with my eyes closed. The properties would need some sort of edge around them for starters. Goodness, the list of enhancements would be a long one!
Iggy:
From what I hear, some of the planned future projects include tactile game overlays, which are essentially going to be covers for some boardgames that can be placed over the standard board for the game so that visually impaired players can more easily join in. I don't know if Monopoly is among those they plan to do, but it might be. Anyway, the very fact they're planning to do any is fantastic!
Post a Comment