Friday, November 24, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Lilie Goes On A Caravan Holiday (FD)

Hi everyone! This is Lilie the Westie.


(The above photo was taken two days after I turned seven months old, which was almost a month ago).

I had a bit of an adventure earlier this month. I went on something the humans called a "caravan holiday" with the Mummy human, and the Nana human (who I sometimes hear talking out of the plastic ringing thing).

Caravan holidays, from what I can tell, mean a long car ride followed by a couple of days in a house on wheels that's smaller than the flat we live in, but without most of my toys and things. Although, the Nana human did bring me this new bed, which I got to use first while on the caravan holiday, and then got to bring home with me afterwards:


The bed belonged to a different dog before, and now it's mine. I don't know why it's mine now, but I had a good time sniffing at all the scents on it. I don't know any of them; whoever the bed belonged to before isn't a dog I know. I don't care though, because it's mine now, and I like sleeping on my new bed.

I got some new blankets for all my beds after we got home. I don't know why I didn't get them the same time as the bed, but they smelled different to the bed, and came in a box the postman brought instead of being brought by the Nana human. They don't smell like other dogs. I like them though. They're all purple and soft and fluffy. I'm sure you'll get to see them in a photo of me some time soon.

Anyway, back to my holiday...

I also got to get some practice in with steps, which I'm now really great at (I wasn't too good at going down steps before) and had lots of time on my long lead that means I don't have to stay beside the humans when they're being lazy and not wanting to do much actual walking while we're out for walkies. There was lots and lots of grass for me to play in:


I did have fun, but I was a bit upset about my routine being messed with. At least the Mummy human remembered to bring my special red ball for bed time, and the Nana human filled it with something the Mummy human didn't like the smell of, but which I thought tasted amazing. It was something called "liver patty" or something like that. I'm not sure who patty is, but she shared her liver with me, so she must be really nice. Mummy human and Nana human made sure I had other good things to eat too, so I guess that was OK. I was sort of glad when it was time to go home though, even though there were lots of interesting smells in that grass (actually, the house on wheels had lots of interesting smells in it too). Having a holiday in a caravan was fun, but I was starting to miss my other toys, and my Daddy human.

There were lots of those firework things while we were there. I wasn't bothered though. I don't mind those things. I've heard most dogs complain about them being loud and scary, but I don't understand why. It's not like they're drums or anything. I just sat and watched them with the humans until I got bored and took a nap. I don't know why there were so many fireworks... There aren't usually that much at a time. The humans kept talking about bones on fire though. At least, I think that's what they said, except I didn't see any bones, on fire or otherwise. Humans confuse me sometimes!

Something else that confused me was the weird thing that happened to the world right before we went home. The ground got all cold, white, and slippery. It smelled different too. The humans said it was called "frost" or something like that. I didn't really care what it was called though. I thought it was strange, but only checked it out a little bit. I mean, it confused me when the world was white and I slipped a bit when I went to run down the steps, and normally I might have been more interested, but at that moment I was much more interested in the news we were going home. There has been more of that frost stuff since then. It makes things smell different, and makes my paws a bit cold, but otherwise doesn't seem to do much. I've decided it's not anything to worry about. I'm still confused about what it's for, but there are too many more exciting things to check out during walkies to worry about it.

Anyway, back to what I was saying...

I was even more excited about going home when my Daddy human was there waiting for me. I love my Daddy human, and really missed him when we were at that caravan holiday place. He had to stay behind to look after the things in cages, which I was sad about. I wish he'd been able to come to the caravan holiday place with us. I might not have minded staying longer if Daddy had been with us, despite walkies only being on my long lead while the humans sat or stood by the steps.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

P.S. For those thinking I've grown a lot... You're right! I got weighed when I went to the vet place again last week, and I now weigh 8kilos (20lbs). That means I'm now more than four times the size I was when I came to live with these humans.

6 comments:

Rita said...

Yes, I was going to remark on how much you have grown! That is a really fancy bed--wow! So glad you like it. Sounds like an interesting time being away but I am glad you are back home and have your familiar routine again. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! Yes, it was interesting, but I'm glad to have my familiar routine back... And my Daddy!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Jeanie said...

She is so darned adorable and it sounds like she did pretty well on the trip but home is always best!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, she did well. Although, she seemed to have had enough by the Sunday morning. It seems two nights and a whole day away were long enough for her, because she kept trying to get us to take her home after that point.

Intense Guy said...

She is a very pretty little doggie! My mom's dog has trouble with steps and she is 8 years old.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I do better with steps now. I do still slip sometimes, but the humans say I wouldn't do that if I didn't try to do them so fast.

Lots of licks,
Lilie