Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.
Last week, I had something the humans called a "grooming session" for the first time. I wasn't sure what they were talking about when they said I was going for one, and was a bit worried, but it turned out to be great!
First I got a car ride in to town with Daddy, which was great in itself. I love going places with Daddy, especially if it's in to town. Also, car rides are interesting and kind of fun too.
Then I went in to a place with lots of smells something like when the humans give me a bath, and other dogs. I like baths - as long as my head doesn't get wet - and I love making new friends, so I was fine with this. I was a little confused by Daddy leaving me, but the humans in this place were giving me a lot of attention, so I decided I didn't mind too much.
They bathed me, trimmed my nails, and made my fur shorter. With how warm it was that day, I was especially glad about that last one. The only bit I didn't like was when they used the noisy thing they called a "hairdryer" to dry my fur. But one of the humans talked to me and gave me attention while the other one was using that thing, and that made it not seem so bad.
After that, Daddy came to get me and take me home, where I got to show off my new haircut to Mummy. At that point the humans took a photo of me so you can all see too, so here it is:
They tried to get one where I was stood up and you could see my new haircut properly, but I was so excited I couldn't stay still properly until Mummy offered me a treat if I did, which is when I posed for the photo above.
Anyway, I think I might like grooming sessions. Also, with how warm the weather's been over the past week, I think they took me to get all that extra fur off just in time.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
5 comments:
Smiles. You are too cute.
Oh Sweet Lilie -- you look wonderful!
Looking good! You will like these grooming visits, I bet. Lots of attention and feels great afterwards! :)
Iggy & Jeanie:
Thanks! Glad you think I'm cute!
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Rita:
If they're all like the one I had the day the photo in this post was taken, I know I'll love them!
Lots of licks,
Lilie
Post a Comment